Tuesday, August 1, 2023

myasperations 8-1-23

Earlier this year I stumbled upon a challenge named Park Hopping-My Happy Place. I was hooked almost immediately when I read “This challenge is ANYTHING GOES inspired by a theme park.” I’ve entered the challenge many times, and after winning a challenge the host, Makira, invited me to be a Guest DT. I was planning to say yes (because I really like Makira, who is talented, generous, funny, and kind) but as soon as she said the theme for August was Fairy Tales… I jumped at the chance! Makira graciously provides a long listing of “inspiration” (i.e. hundreds of different themes, and where they can be found in Amusement Parks around the globe) which I often consult needing ideas for my cards however, this time I needed no help in coming up with an idea. “I shall feature a Princess!” was my first thought!  A scene right out of Cinderella almost magically appeared after I selected a beautiful digi from Sheepski Designs, sentiments from We Are 3, a clockface background from DDDoodles, vellum, shiny silver cardstock… and a bit of bling! (If you look closely, you can see the tiara on her head that I made by trimming a section from a silver crown sticker!)
I’m entering this card into several challenges, including Passion for Markers: Favorite Color Combo (I like blue and silver/grey together.) 
 
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Sheepski Designs (Ball Gown)

·   Background Clock Digi- Decosse’s Dynamite Doodles Free digi/paper pack (Clockwork)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white, sparkle, and silver gel pens

·   Sentiments- We Are 3 Digital Sentiments (Dreams)

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
      Since I’m a DT for Sheepski’s FB Challenge, I’m entering just for fun!
Passion for Markers Challenge- Week #701 Favorite Color Combo
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #607-608 Anything Goes   
Paper Funday- #56 Anything Goes      

This card was created for the Butterfly Challenge, one of my favs! Mrs. A, the sponsor, offered several changes for the summer. For this one, the theme is “Floral”, and we can use any colors, folds, etc. that we desire… plus a butterfly. (My card has a whole flock of ‘em!)
Over two dozen butterflies create a beautiful heart shape background, and two large butterfly silhouettes embellish the front and inside of the card. If you follow my blog you might recognize these silhouettes. Last month I attempted to print one on acetate and emboss it with black EP. However, I ran into one major mess after another. (Read the details HERE if you dare!) So this time I started by using info I found on the web to make sure I used the correct acetate for our printer. It worked beautifully! It took a while, but the ink did air dry.  (Because of last month’s mess, I still didn’t quite trust that the ink would stay put. So, I gently covered the inked butterfly’s with pieces of self-stick laminating sheets, pressed the tape down, and fussy-cut around them. A white gel pen added a bit of contrast to the wings, and it was time to put the card together. (Note- the acetate still ends up with some tiny black specks across the wings. Maybe caused by static? I left the inside butterfly clear but opted to color the underside of the one on the front with a few layers of red with my alcohol markers. I like both options!)
Supplies: 

·   Web Article- How to purchase the right acetate for different printers HERE.

·   Butterfly Heart Digi- Alex Siberia Designs (Adore You)

·   Colored with grey Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white & red pens

·   Silhouette Digi- Fred She Said Designs (Distressed-Butterfly-Blossoms-Digi-Set)

·   Clear Self-Stick Laminating Sheet (I use the Avery brand, but there are other options on the web)

·   Puffy Heart Stickers- Brand name is Sticko’s

·   Easel Card- Instructions found HERE  

·   Patterned vellum, floral paper, and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
TRIPLE B Challenge (Birds, Butterflies or Blooms)- Aug 
Time Out Challenge- #244 Theme Challenge- Monochromatic  
Scribbles Designs Challenge- #122 Say it With Flowers

I had fun making a simple rocker card with an adorable Hippo digi from Beccy’s Place. (You can find lots of rocker card tuts on Pinterest. Here are my two favorites (which have very different looks when finished); one is made with a circle folded in half and the other starts with a rectangleThe lavender tulle tutu, colorful bows, plus painted pink toenails, and our budding Diva is ready to take center stage! (One of the things that artist Beccy Muir does that always makes me smile is that she names each of her “characters..”  So please allow me to introduce to you… Harriet!)
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Live Large)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Rocker card Sentiment- Computer Generated

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Gem of a Challenge- Gem of a Challenge- Week #15 AG                
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Girls Rule)
Outlawz Challenge- August 2023 Linky
Di’s Digi Stamps- Animals Acting like Humans
Allsorts Challenge- Week 739: Anything but Square
Beccy’s Place Challenge- Aug
        Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun!

18 comments:

  1. You've been busy again and a real fun card for Allsorts challenge, thanks so much for joining us again.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done it again Kathy, 3 gorgeous cards, with different techniques and designs. Love the crown sticker on your beautiful Princess. The butterfly is stunning, well done you on doing the technique again and getting it right. Your hippo, is just delightful and fun too. Fabulous cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colouring and great colour choices. Thanks for joining Passion for Markers. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Kathy, you always do a wonderful job! I love the "Cinderella" theme on the first one, the large clock in the background was a great idea, as was the beautiful little tiara you crafted.
    The butterfly on your second card is gorgeous, I'm glad you managed to figure out the printing. I've never printed on acetate before, but do love the effect. Will take your advice on reading through the article before I attempt it though, sounds like quite the drama otherwise!
    Awesome rocker card Kathy, and fabulous colouring too. I did get a little chuckle from Harriet's blue eye shadow!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you noticed her blue eye shadow! She really is a bit of a diva when she gets hold of a tutu.

      Delete
  5. A fun rocker card design, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this time.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  6. You HAVE been busy, what a wonderful collection of beautiful cards. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge with your fun Harriet Hippo card.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your butterfly is gorgeous and the white gel pen really makes it stand out beautifully!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B!
    Diane TB Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Triple B}
    {Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, three lovely cards Kathy! I love the pink one - what a magnificent butterfly! Thanks for taking some Time Out to share it with us Time Out Challenges!
    Hugs, Kate (Cards a la Kate)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So wonderfully creative Kathy! Your princess os gorgeous and I love the background you've given her. Perfect little tiara. Thanks for sharing this with us at Passion for Markers!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous card and I love your blue, silver/grey colour combo! Love the image and the background is fab- love your details with the tiara too! Thanks for sharing at Passion for Markers. Hugs, Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card Kathy. The cinderella card is gorgeous and your colouring is perfect. Great job adding the tiara; I bet that was fiddly lol! Thanks for joining us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x
    p.s. your butterfly card is stunning too by the way x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your GDT spot and you've created a magical card. Not to mention your fussy cutting skills are superb! Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenge and we look forward to more from you soon.
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card with the gorgeous butterflies and flowers! Your acetate butterflies are wonderful! so happy you shared with us at Scribbles Designs Challenge! Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my what a gorgeous card you have created here. I love it. Thankyou for coming and playing again in the butterfly garden with me. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such adorable cards love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow.. I love them all! What a stunning Monochromatic butterfly card...the white dots make it look so magical and also the Tutu card .. is absolutely adorable. Thank you for taking Time out to join us. Hugs ~ Ishani.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!