Sunday, August 20, 2023

myasperations 8-20-23

This month’s Sheepski Designs FB Challenge theme is “Favorite Thing(s) and I used a yummy digi from Andrea’s artwork named “Birthday Cocktail” plus lots of items from my stash!
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Time Out-Colourful (the colors I used might not be the brightest, but they are all primary colors, and look deliciously real to me!), Scribbles Designs Challenge-Your Favourites (although I’m not much of a drinker, I do like sweet cocktails and pretty drinks!  Plus, I think I’ve used this digi more than any of Andrea’s others since it works for so many occasions.)
I created this card to add to a gift bag of cards for one of my staff members who recently accepted a teacher job close to her hometown. I will miss her, but am also very happy for her, and the many students whose lives she will bless. Since she also likes to send cards to friends and family, I know she will enjoy this “Happy Trailsf” gift!
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Sheepski Designs (Birthday Cocktail)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Auld Lang Syne sheet music (the version I used is no longer available. But here is a  different freebie that you might  like even better!)

·   Front Sentiment “Cheers”- label from my scrapbook stash.

·   Inside Sentiment-“Happy New Year” brad from Oriental Trading Company years ago.

·   Glossy Accents- layered on the image to add depth and shine.

·   Stickles- Diamonds (to add texture and sparkle to the glass rim.)

·   Scrap of acetate, and all other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Passion for Markers Challenge- Week #703 Celebrate
Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color Challenge- Aug  
Outlawz Challenge- August 2023 Linky
Scribbles Designs Challenge- #123 Your Favourites
Jan’s Digi Stamps- August 2023 Anything Goes    
     Since I’m a DT for Sheepski, I’m entering just for fun!

I wanted to make another card for the challenge, My Happy Place, hosted by a new Blogland friend named Makira. I was honored when Makira asked me to be a DT this month with a Fairy Tales theme creation. I created a Cinderella card (which you can see HERE if desired) and decided to use the fairy tale theme a second time. I used the same background on my card, but Cinderella looks much younger! (The little beauty is a digi from Sweet November Stamps. Her name is actually Princess Gwendolyn, not Cinderella, but she does look pretty excited to be wearing crystal slippers! Although the digi wears a simple crown, I decided to give Gwendolyn a bit 'o bling by adding a pretty gold crown sticker with a topaz “gem” and added a shaker card on the inside with gold stars and teal sequins.)   
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Outlawz’ Twisted Thursday Challenge-School Subjects (I was an avid reader as a kid, and still love books, but love that our local library has “audible” books available… so that I can listen while I color and create!), Park Hopping-My Happy Place (my card features a princess, so I almost said my inspiration is any Disney Park. But after checking out the Inspiration listing that Makira so graciously provides, I decided I was really inspired by The Fairytale Forest at Efteling Park because it looks wonderful AND is located in the Netherlands. How fun would THAT be?!)
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Sweet November Stamps (Little Princesses-Gwendolyn)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment-upcycled from an old card (unknown source for die)

·   Inside Sentiment- Desert Diva (May All Your Dreams Come True)

·   Background Clock Digi- Decosse’s Dynamite Doodles (DDD) Free digi/paper pack (Clockwork)

·   Gold crown sticker- Hobby Lobby

·   Glossy Accents- Used to turn her little shoes into crystal!

·   Stickles- Diamonds (to add bling to the little stars on her crystal slippers, bodice and waistline.)

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into: 
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (AugThe Fairytale Forest at Efteling Park 
Friends of Sweet November (FB) August Challenge  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #609-610 Anything Goes  
Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge- School Subjects 
Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG #260
Patties Challenge- Anything Goes (Aug #209)
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week #33 AG                                          

The current Progressive Challenge at Outlawz is a yummy one! Outlawz member/artist Sandra's hand-drawn Ice Cream Cone digi inspired me to use lots of miscellaneous scraps from my stash. I printed the digi onto regular typing paper and cute the ice cream scoops and cone apart to become templates to use on my many scraps:  1) cone was made with kraft cardstock scrap, scored with a small point stylus on my trusty ScorePal, 2) ice cream scoops gently traced onto scraps of mulberry paper, which I’ve had for a few decades and rarely use. But I have a feeling I’ll be making more of these cards in the future, and 3) the little cherry was crafted from a scrap of red cardstock, shaded and highlighted to resemble the life-like looking fruits on the Sweet November card you can see HERE.
I’m entering this card into several challenges, including Snippets (everything but the cardstock base is a snippet/scrap. The blue background isn’t patterned paper, it’s actually upcycled from a conference folder. So that is kinda like a scrap, right?!), Outlawz Monday Greeting -Happy Summer Holidays (one of my favorite childhood memories was going to the beach. In a family with six kids, that in itself was a treat. And it was an extra special outing when we were able to visit the concession stand and get double or triple scoops of different flavored ice cream in a yummy waffle cone. Mushy, blah, boxed cones like we sometimes had at home just couldn’t compete with the waffle ones!), The Sisterhood of Crafters-Keep It Simple and Simon Says Wednesday- Clean and Simple (although this might not look like a CAS card, if you compare it to my usual makes… it went together really quickly and with almost no fussy-cutting! The ends of the kraft paper triangle were folded under into the cone shape, and the mulberry paper was quick and easy to tear into shape after I “drew” around the scoop template shapes with a wet paintbrush and then let them sit a bit so the fibers could become soft and pliable!)
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Outlawz Progressive Challenge Freebie, Sandra’s Ice Cream Cone (August)  

·   Front Sentiment “for someone sweet” from Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Ice Cream Cones)

·   Inside Sentiment- “Better than Ice Cream” from Little Miss Muffet Stamps (No longer available?)

·   Cherry inspired by a card posted at Sweet November Stamps HERE

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Snippets- Week #461
Outlawz Challenge- Progressive Challenge (August) Ice Cream Cone 
Outlawz ChallengesMonday Greeting Challenge-Happy Summer Holidays  (twist: beach)
Allsorts Challenge- Week 741/42  (I choose the AG option this week!)
Gem of a Challenge- Gem of a Challenge- Week #17 AG              
Beccy’s Place Challenge- Aug
        Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun! 

18 comments:

  1. Good enough to eat with a cherry on the top, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- so much to see in this post. Lots of lovely cards, but I’m here with my Prefect’s hat on to comment on your wonderful ice cream card full of snippets.

    Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you on the swings later xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many wonderful designs. I particularly like the Martini glass. Your Allsorts entry is so very clever and looks yummy too. Thanks for entering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card Kathy. The cocktail looks amazing and good enough to drink. Love the sheet music paper too. I'm sure your friend loved it. Thanks for joining us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card Kathy! The cocktail looks great - especially with the glossy accent! A great idea to use sheet music as your background paper too - love it! Thanks for joining in with my challenge this week at Passion for Markers. Hugs, Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such wonderful creations with lots of great details on each and beautifully designed! Thanks so much for joining in with us at Allsorts challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Ice cone looks amazing Kathy!!! Thanks for joining the Outlawz Progresive challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so creative Kathy, I love all your cards, especially the little Cinderella! I like the idea of the Fairytale forest. Call me a kid! (If only)! Fabulous work again. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Your collection of cards is absolutely fabulous! 🎨🃏 Aren't Sara Rene Clark's color palettes just incredible? 🎨🌈 Your charming little princess blends perfectly into the fairytale forest, and that background you've created is simply fantastic! 🌳👑 Your support for "Park Hopping My Happy Place" is truly appreciated. Cheers, Makira

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot🤦‍♀️, you could easily have entered the other cards:
      ice cream - found all over Disney Parks🍧🎢
      Martinis-Hollywood Brown Derby at Hollywood Studios has an assortment. 🍸, & let's not forget Epcot's Food & Wine Festival- Pina colada rum martini YUM!!

      Delete
    2. Ooh so yummy looking! Very nice card, Kathy! Thanks for sharing with us at the Outlawz Progressive Challenge. Hugs. Shirley M., DT

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous cards as always Kathy, well done!
    Your cocktail glass is fabulous, the colouring is perfect and the addition of the glossy accents really makes it pop. I also love the glitter you added around the rim... great idea!
    The little princess on your second card is adorable, and you've done a brilliant job with the colouring. The shaker card background is also lots of fun and you've chosen a lovely mix of sequins for the window.
    I love the ice cream cone on your final card... it's always great to find ways of using those precious scraps. Fabulous Kathy!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous Cheers card and I love the cocktail! The glossy accents and glitter are perfect additions. Thanks for sharing with us at the Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute card! It goes perfectly with our theme for this month “Anything Goes”. I love your coloring too. Thanks for joining us at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge.
    Pattie
    Artist & Owner

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful cards Kathy! LOVE the shone on the cocktail glass and your snippets card really is mouthwatering!

    Hugs
    Di xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. All of them are gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us this month at The Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge!

    lovies, =o) kel
    TOL Tuesday Color DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautifull card, thanks for sharing it with us at The Twisted Thursday Challenge Blog.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an awesome set of cards, that cocktail looks good enough to drink as well :D
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!