Sunday, June 4, 2023

myasperations 6-4-23

     I had fun entering several cards into the MerMay celebration hosted by Friends of Sweet November Stamps FB page during May. I did find time to post several of the cards I entered during the month to my blog … but didn’t have time to post all of them. So, over the next few weeks, I plan to post the new ones in my blog… and also share some of my favorite entries that I didn’t get posted during May. (Since I know that I can’t enter cards that I’ve already posted to social media, I will note this and not enter them into any new challenges.)
    This first card features a mermaid that I purchased for the MerMay challenge, and she was so much fun to create with! I decided to make a Joyfold base (link to instructions below) and used lots of pink because, well… don’t all mermaids LOVE pink?
      I’m entering this card into several challenges including Outlawz’ Festive Friday: Water (Coral popped out of the water to have her photo taken, but she’ll be dropping back into the ocean as soon as that is finished!) and Park Hopping-My Happy Place: The Adventures of the Little Mermaid at the Magic Kingdom.CA))
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Sweet November Stamps (Coral Reefweaver and Moki)

·   Joy Fold Card Fold- Instructions can be found HERE (I flipped the orientation of the fold, from horizontal to vertical.)

·   Front Sentiment- Desert Diva Freebie (hello!)

·   Inside sentiment from Sweet November Stamps (Empowering Sentiments Pack)

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Water)
Allsorts Challenge- Week 731: AG
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (June)
 
   And here a card I entered into the MerMay challenge last month that also features the mermaid named Coral Reefweaver. Since one of my nieces loves all things mermaid, I used a Seashell Template and pop-up card instructions I found on Pinterest to make her this fun pop-up card. (If you’d like instructions for making this card, please leave a note in the comment section and I’ll add some notes to the photos I took for the coloring challenge and email them on to you!)
Supplies: 

·   Free Seashell Template found on Pinterest HERE

·   Easy Popup Fold Instructions found on Pinterest HERE

·   All sentiments from my stash of freebies (contact me and I’ll dig out the sources)

·   All other items from my stash.


     The sponsor for the May Outlawz Progressive Challenge is Sandra, and I loved creating a card with her beautiful Greyscale Owl Digi. I did some Google research to identify the type of owl and its coloring. I learned it is a Long-Eared Owl… and I found some wonderful photos taken just a few hours from where I live by photographer Patrick Connelly. I printed the digi onto kraft cardstock and used the photos as a guide to bring the beautiful bird to life!

Supplies: 

·   Digi- Sandra’s Owl (Freebie for June 2023 Progressive Challenge)

·   Owl Photos found HERE and HERE

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, white Aquarelle Colored Pencil and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Patterned Paper - Hobby Lobby

·   Front and Inside Sentiments from Polka Dot Orchard Digi Set (Younger Than Tomorrow)

·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into: 
Path Of Positivity Challenge- Challenge #112 (Inspired by Nature)
Outlawz Challenge- Progressive Challenge (June) Owl by Sandra
Outlawz Challenge- June 2023 Linky
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #597-598 Anything Goes  
Cupcake Inspirations- #570 Theme Challenge (AG)  (photo)
TRIPLE B Challenge (Birds, Butterflies or Blooms)- June       

     I wanted to make a card for the Birthday Challenge at Di’s Digi. When looking through my collection of Di’s Digis, I remembered that a dear friend is having a baby in the near future… so I decided to make this card to send her in celebration of that new little one's actual birth day!  Since they opted to not learn the baby’s gender until they meet the little one, I decided to used “non-pastel” colors on the card. So fun!
     I’m entering this card into several challenges including IncyWincy Designs’ Birthday; and Passion for Markers’ Make It Square.  An added note-I purchased this adorable image a while ago, for just $1.00 (regularly priced $3.00!) Although it is now retired, I just checked and there are currently over 200 digis on the $1.00 sale at Di's Digis (HERE),  so you might just want to check them out! Also, Di regularly offers discounts on seasonal items. So it is always worth stopping in! 
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Dis Digis (Cute Cradle) No longer available.

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and a Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Sentiments-Computer Generated

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Di’s Digi Stamps- Birthdays
Passion for Markers Challenge- Week #692 Make It Square
Patties Challenge- Anything Goes (June #207)

14 comments:

  1. Ooh, what a beautiful owl; you certainly brought him to life! The background is perfect! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many wonderful creations, each one done with great details.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. All are beautiful but certainly love Mr. Owl! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our newest adventure - Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    Co-Owner
    Triple B
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable baby card Kathy. The image is so sweet and your colouring is perfect. I love the pretty papers and neutral colour scheme. Thanks for joining us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet baby card, Kathy! Love the neutral colour tones, cute image and perfectly decorated both inside and out...
    Thanks for playing along with us at Passion for Markers this week, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card with an adorable image. Thanks for playing with us over at Passion for Markers.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how absolutely enchanting! Your mermaids are simply delightful! I must say, I am head over heels in love with all three of them. And the sentiment you've chosen for your first card? It's sheer perfection! Your creations truly bring joy and beauty to the world. Thank you for joining us at Park Hopping My Happy Place. Cheers, Makira

    ReplyDelete
  8. A pretty Summery card, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, wow, wow!! You made the owl look so gorgeous Kathy!! Your coloring is stunning!!
    Thanks for playing at Thee Outlawz progressive challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandra. It was easy to color such a wonderful digi. Thanks for sharing your artistry with us!

      Delete
  10. WOWZER Kathy these are a fabulous set of cards, each so very beautiful in their own right.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kathy, your owl is wonderful and beautifully framed by the oval and woodland paper. It's a perfect project for our 'inspired by nature' challenge.
    Thank you so much for joining us at the Path of Positivity.

    Carole DT x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kathy well done with this owl card! I love it. One of my cousins has an owl house in her yard.
    So fun to see them perched on it. Thank you for joining us on this challenge over at Cupcake Inspirations. Hope you come and play again with us!
    Sandy, DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Owl card looks amazing! Thanks so much for entering our June 2023 Progressive Freebie Challenge at The Outlawz Challenges
    (Hugs) Cara
    TOL progressive Freebie Challenge.
    My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!