Tuesday, June 13, 2023

myasperations 6-13-23

Last week I saw this package of yummy Root Beer Barrels and immediately thought of my Dad.  He LOVED these candies and also the liquid version, so I have fond childhood memories of regularly enjoying both!  For that reason I made this card in honor of Fathers Day!    
I’m entering it into several challenges including Cupcake Inspirations: Fathers Day/Masculine; Inspiration Station: Photo (The setting sun inspires me for the following reasons- Holidays, Memories, and Emotions. My dad also loved the 4th of July, which we celebrated every year at an uncle’s farm in Iowa. I remember how our excitement level would sky-rocket as we shopped for fireworks. Then, the afternoon of the 4th we’d each get our own “punk” to light hundreds of firecrackers and smoke bombs. As sundown approached, our excitement peaked because that is when the Sparklers, Bottle Rockets, Roman Candles and Fountains filled the air with snaps, crackles and pops… and whooshes and bangs! These are some of my most cherished memories.); Path Of Positivity Challenge: Inspired by a Pattern (I selected plaid paper that is similar to the pattern across the top of the candy bag); and Park Hopping-My Happy Place:(Mels Drive in At Universal Studio Florida sells amazing Root Beer Floats.) 
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Scribbles Designs (Beer Mug)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Bag of candy- from local gas station

·   Scribbles Shiny White 3-D Paint- JoAnne’s Fabrics 

·   Acetate scrap, Glossy Accents and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Scribbles Designs Challenge- #120 Sip and Savor     
Path Of Positivity Challenge- Challenge #113 (Twist-Inspired by a Pattern (Photo)
Cupcake Inspirations- #571 Inspiration Challenge Fathers Day/Masculine
Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG #256
Di’s Digi Stamps- Beverages
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (June)   

Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #599-600 Anything Goes  

This is my first entry for the current Butterfly Challenge, which is a favorite of mine. It includes all three of the required colors: banana, briar rose, baby blue, burgundy, plus two of the themes: Bow and Butterflies.) It features a lovely floral digi from artist Conie Fong.
I’m entering this card into several other challenges including Double D’s: Lemonade/The color yellow (Yellow gingham paper mimics the curtains in the inspiration photo.)
Supplies: 
·   Digi:  Conie Fong Art-(Flowers In A Vase)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment- Gina K’s Sentiment Set (includes 128 stickers)- Mixed Messages

·    Inside Sentiment from my stash of freebies (contact me and I’ll dig out the source)

·   Pioneer Black Photo corners- available from several sources

·   Sheer black dotted Swiss ribbon- JoAnne’s

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Conie Fong Art & Design Group [FB]- Monthly Challenge- June/July
Double D’s Challenge- Lemonade/The Color Yellow    
Allsorts Challenge- Week 732: AG  (Option-Birthdays)
The Four Seasons Challenge- Summer (June 

TRIPLE B Challenge (Birds, Butterflies or Blooms)- June       

I had fun creating this last card featuring my newest digi from All Dressed Up Stamps named Pool Ready. (Or in this case, Beach Ready!)
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Outlawz Thursday: Laughter (I’ve had the inside sentiment in my files for several decades. It always makes me giggle!) and the Time Out Challenge: Sportive (This beach beauty’s svelte figure makes me think she is surely interested in, and probably even good at sports.  Since she also looks like a bit of a Diva, I just had to add those large bits of bling to her shades. Wowzah!)
Supplies: 
·   Digi- All Dressed Up Stamps (Pool Ready)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Sparkly Flower Stickers- Hobby Lobby

·   Front Sentiment- Desert Diva Freebie (hello!)

·   Inside Sentiment- Computer Generated

·   Upcycled calendar page, rhinestones, and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
All Dressed Up- #140 Anything Goes (May)
Outlawz Thursday Challenge- Laughter
Outlawz Challenge- June 2023 Linky
Time Out Challenge- #240 “Sportive”  

16 comments:

  1. Great selections of cards thanks for sharing your ADU card with us at All Dressed Up

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card especially with all the bling on it!! Thanks for playing with us at All Dressed Up Stamps!
    Carolyn, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have made some lovely cards and I enjoyed reading about your Father and his love for Root Beer Barrels. My father loved those Sugar Coated Jelly-like Orange slices and I get nostalgic when I see them. Thanks for inspiring us at The Inspiration Station Challenge and we look forward to seeing more from you soon!
    Donna xx
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards Kathy! You made me feel nostalic at the mention of fireworks with your father! I have fond memories of my dad and fireworks as well - my favourites were the Katherine wheels (I know it's supposed to be spelt with a C but I'm Katherine with a K so I always spell it this way)! Great beach diva - great touch with the bling on her shades! Thanks for sharing this fun (and very sportive) card with us at Time Out Challenges!
    Hugs, Kate (Cards a la Kate)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you entered our challenge. Your card featuring the black vase and beautiful flowers is lovely...PS: I'm a real fan of yellow gingham! Thanks again for joining us at Double D Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card and inspired by the pattern on the Root Beer drops bag! Very cool! So happy you shared with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and lovely colouring of the image . Thankyou for coming and playing in the butterfly garden with me . It has been really hot in there this past 2 weeks. Not many butterflies abut lots of dragon flies hovering over the ponds. Hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful variety of fun cards!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D, Triple B and Four Seasons!
    Diane DD TB and FS Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Double D}
    {Triple B}
    {Simply Clean & Simple} Coming July 7th

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Kathy ... I love that beautiful vase of flowers! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B, Four Seasons & Double D challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    Co-Owner
    Triple B
    FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
    DOUBLE D
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    More challenge fun beginning July 7th … check it out … SIMPLY CLEAN & SIMPLE

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are always so inspiring and beautiful!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons Triple B, and Double D!
    Diane FS TB DD Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Four Seasons}
    {Triple B}
    {Simply Clean & Simple} Coming July 7th

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're absolutely right! The root beer floats are truly fantastic! Love the visual simplicity of this card. The plaid background adds a touch of classic charm and serves as a perfect backdrop for this delightful scene. Thank you for playing with us this month at Park Hopping My Happy Place. Have a great week! Cheers, Makira

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so fun!! I LOVE the dimension on the foam. Your coloring is fantastic. This is so fun!! I LOVE your coloring. Such fabulous design. Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenges!!

    Nora
    DT Member
    Cupcake Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards. Thanks for playing our challenge at Cupcake Inspirations! Have a crafty day!

    Revati DT Member/CIC

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Root Beer Celebration card is brilliant, Kathy! I love that you used the plaid paper, inspired by the sweet packaging, for the background and colour matched your card to the product. The froth on the beer is wonderfully textural too. Sweet memories of your father. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Path of Positivity challenge. We hope you will visit us again soon.

    Carole DT x

    ReplyDelete
  15. https://tastecraftiness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the bling on her sunglasses and of course the sentiment too!

    Thanks for joining us at the Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!