Wednesday, June 28, 2023

myasperations 6-28-23

I am honored to have served as a Guest Designer for Beccy Muir at Beccy’s Place and am now one of her “Contributors” (which means that she provides me with digis or clear stamp sets several times a year and I get to create cards or other items with them!) It is always fun to see the images Beccy invites me to use.  This time I had such fun using 2 digis, 2 sentiments and 3 patterned papers from one of Beccy’s new coffee-themed sets named “Café Elements”! A gatefold base, and a scrap of vellum fussy-cut into a puff of steam helped create a scene that almost makes my mouth water. So yummy! 
Supplies: 
·   2 Digis, 2 sentiments and 3 patterned papers from 1 Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Café Elements)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Scraps of vellum and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends- #208 Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #601-602 Anything Goes   
Paper Funday- #54 Anything Goes      

I had fun making another card using one of my newest digis from Patties Creations. A colorful strip of bee-patterned ribbon, plus a scrap of sheer black and white dotted ribbon provides a nice background for Blinky the Bee Keeper. 

Supplies: 
·   Digi- Patties Creations (Blinky The Bee Keeper)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Sentiments from SnapClickSupply Company (Sweet as can be Word Art)

·   Stickles- Diamonds (on bee wings)

·   Bee Ribbon-Hobby Lobby

·  Sheer B&W ribbon-JoAnnes 

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG #257
Double D’s Challenge- Color Choice (Yellow) 
Path Of Positivity Challenge- Challenge #113                
Patties Challenge- Anything Goes (June #207)

This card was inspired by a sketch from the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Group {BYSHC} I found this great group on FB a few years ago and, although I don’t use sketches very often, I do like the ones that they offer, and I LOVE that they host Linky parties several times a year. (I don’t think I’ve missed one of their linky parties since I joined. They offer lots of wonderful prizes and the sponsor is so gracious and kind!) 
This unusual Christmas card features a paper-pieced Cowboy Boot as the focal point. I used a coloring page created by artist and author of children's books, Jan Brett, to develop the template for the boot. I sized the boot to fit on the front of an A2 card, printed off two copies, and cut one copy along the outline to use as the boot base (which I traced onto kraft brown cardstock.) I then cut the other copy into the three boot leather sections (which I traced onto old scraps of embossed wallpaper that resembled “tooled leather.”) After fussy-cutting the boot base and leather sections, I adhered them together double-stick tape. The ginal touches were to shade and highlight the boot heel and add a fun sentiment to the inside. YeHaw and Boy Howdy... I do like how this card turned out!
Supplies:
·   Boot Template- Created with a Jan Brett Coloring page you can find HERE.
·   Boot heel colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and white colored pencil.
·   Digital Papers- We Are 3 Digital Papers (Howdy) and scraps from my stash.
·   Front Sentiment- “Merry Christmas Y’all” from 2 Cute Digi Stamp Set (Country Snowman)
·   Digi- “Kick Up Up Your Heels” from QKR Stampede (Company currently closed)
·   Small star punch, silver paper, Kraft and other assorted papers from my stash
Entered into:  
{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge FB- #34 June 2023
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (June) Related Amusement Park=Wild West City   
Rudolph Days Challenge- June
Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color Challenge-June  
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Christmas)
Outlawz Challenge- June 2023 Linky

8 comments:

  1. Such a great hexagon pattern behind that adorable focal image! Such wonderful colors and textures! Thanks for sharing with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS cards Kathy! LOVE that 'bee' gnome ... such a sweet creation! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    Co-Owner
    DOUBLE D
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    More challenge fun beginning July 7th … check it out … SIMPLY CLEAN & SIMPLE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, your cards are amazing!!! You certainly do have an eye for color and design, I am blown away!!! Lots of wonderful work here, and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Double D, hope we see you back again soon!
    Judy~ DD DT Designer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy love the cowboy boot!!! Thanks for joining the Fetive Friday challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that paper you used works great for a boot! Looks like realy leather! Thanks so much for entering our June Color Challenge at The Outlawz Challenges
    (Hugs) Cara
    The Outlawz Color Challenges.
    My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card. My grand daughter will want to try making some of these as she is really into country and Western music as are her girlfriends too. Will show her your card for sure!
    Thanks for taking part in the Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum..I love a good cup of coffee and a sweet cupcake..perfect pairing and lovely card(s). Thanks for playing along at the Paper Funday Challenge and we look forward to seeing more of your lovely designs soon.
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for entering the Tuesdays Color challenge at https://theoutlawzchallenges-tuesday.blogspot.com/ this week. Looking forward to seeing you again in our next inspiring Color Challenge.

    Happy crafting,

    Angela

    Tuesdays Color DT



    https://outlawzchallenges.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!