Saturday, April 29, 2023

myasperations 4-28-23a

 My first card for this post was created for the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Group {BYSHC} Spring into Christmas 2023 Linky Party. I found this great group on FB a few years ago and have entered their linky parties whenever I can. They offer wonderful prizes!  This sweet image was created by artist Rachelle Anne Miller, a sponsor of the current Linky Party.
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Double D’s Things that Fly (this sweet scene includes two little birds, one in the tree at the left, the other is half in “shadow” at the bottom of the card.)
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Rachelle Anne Miller Creative Studios (Woodland Snowman)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Yellow and blue decorative chalks, a homemade cloud template, and a makeup sponge.

·   Front Sentiment “Warmest Wishes”- from Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Christmas Cardinals)

·   Inside Sentiment- “Wishing You...“ (Freebie from Birdscards.com can be found HERE)

·   Stickles, photo corners, yellow vellum, and other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Double D’s Challenge- Things that Fly   
Jan’s Digi Stamps- April 2023 Anything Goes    
The Paper Shelter#551 This Beautiful Earth
Patties Challenge- #205 Anything Goes (April)

This card was inspired by the current challenge at the Wecraftcards Forum, where the requirements are “create a slim line card with colors inspired by a giraffe. While creating cards for the BYSHC Spring into Christmas Linky Party, I was looking through images I could use. When I came upon this pudgy gingerbread man inspiration hit. Printed on kraft brown, I had fun framing the little guy with yellow vellum and other giraffe-y colors. I remembered I had a squeeze bottle of 3-D white paint that adds the wonderful look and feel of frosting… and layered it on. The only color that doesn’t really fit into the theme is the red of his nose and button. But, no respectable gingerguy would consider himself festively attired unless he accessorized his ensemble with a few red-hot candies! They add a few shouts of bright color, plus provide smooth and shiny texture (thanks to Glossy Accents.)

Supplies: 
·   Digi- Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Gingerbread Season)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Inside sentiment- “Merriest Wishes” from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Cozy Christmas)

·   Ornate paper frame from my scrapbook stash (trimmed and overlapped corners to fit.)

·   Scribbles Shiny White 3-D Paint- JoAnne’s Fabrics 

·   Stickles, Glossy Accents, and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Wecraftcards- Create a Slim line card with colors inspired by giraffes
Beccy’s Place Challenge-April
        Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun!
Passion for Markers Challenge- Week #687 Frame It
Outlawz Challenge- Twisted Thursday  (Color It) 
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Christmas)
Outlawz Challenge- April 2023 Linky
Rudolph Days Challenge- April

I was a random winner a short time ago at an All Dressed Up Stamps challenge and immediately picked this sweet image as one of my free digis. I have two sisters, and we loved playing “dress up” during our childhood… and at a different level as we shared clothes during our high school years. They are still two of my best friends! I usually prefer bright or rich colors but decided to try a pastel color scheme on this card so that I could enter it into the current Colorful Options Challenge. And I like the way it turned out.
I’m entering this card into several challenges including the Path Of Positivity‘s “Inspired by Literature” Path Of Positivity Challenge- Inspired by Literature (Since these three little girls, all dressed in festive attire,  look like they enjoy being entertainers I remembered how much I love the Little Women books. I remembered that one of them centered on Christmas, and a little research showed that was the first book of the Little Women series. I think I might need to read the series again. In truth, I will listen to audio recordings of the books as I while away the hours in my craft room, which is my favorite way to multitask!)
Supplies: 

·   Digi- All Dressed Up Stamps (3 Little Christmas Girls)

·   Colored with Decorative Chalks, Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   “I’m Dreaming of a White Christmas” Sheet Music found HERE

·   Inside Sentiment- “Christmas Music Makes Me Happy” from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Here Comes Christmas)

·   Snowflakes- Lawn Fawn LF995-Mini Snowflakes Die Set

·   Assorted snowflake stickers and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #593-594 Anything Goes   
Path Of Positivity Challenge- Challenge #111 (Twist-Inspired by Literature)  
All Dressed Up- #138 Anything Goes (April)
Colorful Options Monthly Challenge- Pastels    
Time Out Challenge- #237 Fashionable

15 comments:

  1. Three delightful cards but my favorite is the last card. I love your muted colour scheme. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you're getting a good head start on your Christmas cards Kathy, good on you! Beautiful colouring as always, and your embellishments are wonderful. Great job.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful selection of pretty cards!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D and Colorful Options!!
    Diane DD Co-Owner and CO DT
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Double D}
    {Stencil Fun}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, now that's a great idea to listen to audio books while crafting...why didn't I think of that! I usually listen to music. Anyway, such a sweet trio singing in their holiday attire! Adorable! Thanks for sharing with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute little gingerbread man! Yes, he needs his pops of red! ;) Thanks for sharing with us at Twisted Thursday! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun image to join in with our Frame It challenge at Passion For Markers Challenge, hope to see you here again soon.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  7. AW! More gorgeous cards, Christmas is going to be loved by the recipients, with these beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun gingerbread man card Kathy. You've coloured him perfectly and the delicate frame looks awesome. Thanks once again for sharing with us over at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous collection of cards, love them. Great details.
    Thank you for joining us at All Dressed Up Stamps Challenge
    Good Luck
    Rose DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are all fantastic Kathy! The last one with the digi from ADU is just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful card, thanks for sharing it with us at the Paper Shelter Challenge Blog.
    Big hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable card, thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Shelter this week.
    Julie DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely card and thanks for sharing at Passion for Markers

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for taking the Time Out to share your very fashionable choir girls (fairies) with us in Time Out Challenge #237 and hope you'll come back again soon! Hugs Kate (DT Time Out Challenges)!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for entering the Twisted Thursdays challenge at https://theoutlawzchallenges-thursday.blogspot.com/ this month. Looking forward to seeing you again in our next twisted Challenge.

    Happy crafting,

    Angela

    The Outlawz Challenges

    Twisted Thursdays DT



    https://outlawzchallenges.blogspot.com/



    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!