Friday, April 28, 2023

myasperations 4-28-23

When I saw that the current Scribbles Designs Challenge theme is “Amphibians” I knew that I just had to put their amorous frog named Carl to work!  And, since I wanted to make a card for the current Christmas Craft Creations challenge with the theme “Humour”, pairing suave Carl with a fun sentiment about mistletoe was a perfect fit. Because, we all know what can happen if you kiss a frog, right?! (And, the inside mistletoe sentiment is FREE!! Find the link below) 

                                
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Scribbles Designs (Carl I [heart] U)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Red Heart Rhinestone Stickers and heart patterned paper- Hobby Lobby

·   Inside Sentiment-A freebie from Scribbles Designs (I’m Waiting for my MistletoeKisses)

·   Pioneer Black Photo corners- available from several sources

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Scribbles Designs Challenge- #119 Amphibians      
Christmas Craft Creations challenge- Humour  (and 3rd Bday!)    
Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color Challenge Monochromatic-Greens  
Outlawz Challenge- April 2023 Linky
Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG #253

A few months ago a friend gave me a gift card for Sweet November Stamps and this digi was the top of my wish list! I was so excited to add this cute couple to my digi collection but was also a bit intimidated to try to bring it to life. A sample card on the Sweet November website provided inspiration you’ll see reflected in my card, but I opted to color Blitzen with shades of brown. The result didn’t thrill me… so I play around with my white gel pen a bit, adding some highlights that I planned to mute with light brown marker strokes. However, before I did that, I stopped to ponder Blitzen’s gentle face, and the tender way he nuzzled into his little friend's hug. Suddenly,  tears came to my eyes. The white “fur” aged the guy, and reminded me of my favorite dog, a black lab mix named “Jinx.”  During the 14 years, she was part of our family, she brought so much love and laughter into our lives. The last few years, her eyes, ears, and muzzle sparkled with silver grey which made her look gentle, and wise beyond her years. She’s been gone nearly 20 years, but my hubby and I talk about her often. We joke about her joyfully romping with- and teasing- all the pets we’ve loved throughout our lives… and we miss her. This tender scene makes me imagine this little elf cherishes time spent with his furry friend, just as we did with our ever-playful Jinx.  

I’m entering this card into several challenges including the Path Of Positivity‘s “Inspired by Literature” (I’ve always loved “The Night Before Christmas” by Clement Clarke. I checked the web to find the author's name, and found a book with unbelievable illustrations for the story, by artist Jan Brett. It is magical! And includes reindeer that are light tan/whitish. A few googled photos showed that this is their normal coloring. So… I learned something new and maybe you did now, too?) and Park Hopping-My Happy Place (the little elf makes me think of “It’s a Small World After all…” the iconic ride at Disneyland!) 
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Sweet November Stamps (Hugs for Blitzen)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white & silver gel pens

·   Front Sentiment “Sending Love this Christmas” from Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Gingerbread Season)

·   Inside Sentiment- Noel Heart Banner  (CraftWorld-Simply cards) no longer available

·   Sheer red dotted Swiss ribbon- JoAnne’s

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Passion for Markers Challenge- Week #687 Frame It
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Christmas, Animals)
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (April)
Path Of Positivity Challenge- Challenge #111 
FB Friends of Sweet November Stamps (April)

My final card for this posting is a beauty that I created to enter into several challenges: the herringbone background allowed me to use up a pile of scraps (snippets) to make a backdrop for the festive ice skate and poinsettia digi from Beccy’s Place. And the card was inspired by a sketch from the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Group {BYSHC} I found this great group on FB a few years ago and, although I don’t use sketches very often, I do like the ones that they offer. And I LOVE that they host Linky parties several times a year. (I don’t think I’ve missed one of their linky parties since I joined. They offer lots of wonderful prizes and the sponsor is so gracious and kind!) 

Supplies: 

·   Herringbone background- made with Paper Scraps (instructions HERE)

·   Ice Skates Digi- Beccy’s Place Digital Set (Peace and Joy)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Stickles- Assorted types

·   Word Banner and Front Sentiment tag- From my Scrapbook stash

·   Inside Sentiment- “Wishing You a Magical Christmas“ (Freebie from Birdscards.com can be found HERE)

·   Snowflakes- Cheery Lynn Designs Die (C146 Snowflakes)

·   Snowflakes- Lawn Fawn LF995-Mini Snowflakes Die Set

·   Sheer ribbon, assorted paper scraps, and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Snippets- Week #452
{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge FB- #32 April 2023
Beccy’s Place Challenge-April
        Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun!
Paper Funday- #52-Anything Goes (Optional Twist: Flower Power)
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #593-594 Anything Goes   
Outlawz Challenge- Twisted Thursday  (Color It) 

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Kathy! The herringbone pattern looks wonderful with all this festive snippets of paper. Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at the Paper Funday Challenge.
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday
    Beautiful Blossoms
    Inspiration Station

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet bunch of cards, Kathy! I just love the gorgeous herringbone background on your last card! Stunning! Thanks so much for playing along with the Spring into Christmas {BYSHC} Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Carl!! What a fun card!! Thanks for sharing with us at Christmas Craft Creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 💚💚💚 this! The love between the little elf & the reindeer is precious. Thank you for joining us at Park Hopping, My Happy Place. Feel free to join with your frog card as well (Tiana's Bayou Adventure-Princess & the Frog- in Magic Kingdom)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, three very different but amazing cards! The first one is so cute and playful, while your second card is precious with the elf hugging the reindeer. So sweet! And finally, a very classic, traditional card. Love the skates with the poinsettia! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Kathy . . . all the cards in the post are wonderful, but thank your for submitting the final one as your Snippets Playground homework. I love your snippety herringbone background - perfect for the lovely skate focal point. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely fantastic cards, Kathy, your colouring is awesome! I love the sweet image on the second one, that elf and reindeer are adorable. You always do a great job decorating the insides of your cards as well, they look wonderful.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  8. How adorable is that Christmas card; that image is perfect! I can just see the elves all wishing the reindeer luck as they prepare for their ride! So cute and perfect for our 'Inspired by Literature' challenge! As for Jan Brett...yeah, there's a talented illustrator; she is amazing!! Thanks for sharing with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many thanks for joining us at the Passion For Markers Challenge.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH! My goodness Kathy, what a wonderful selection of fun and wonderful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet card Kathy. The image is so adorable and your colouring is perfect. Thanks again for sharing with us over at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGosh! I love that frog card! Thanks so much for entering our April Color Challenge at The Outlawz Challenges
    (Hugs) Cara
    The Outlawz Color Challenges.
    My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that Carl!!! What a fun Christmas card! He’s adorable, just waiting to be kissed! Thanks for sharing this with us at Twisted Thursday at The Outlawz!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautifully put together - love it.

    Thanks for joining us at the Paper Funday Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Me again!

    Thanks for joining us at Scribbles Designs too.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card! I finally figured out how to allow cookies and be able to comment! Thank you so much for entering the Twisted Thursdays challenge at https://theoutlawzchallenges-thursday.blogspot.com/ this month. Looking forward to seeing you again in our next twisted Challenge.

    Happy crafting,

    Angela

    The Outlawz Challenges

    Twisted Thursdays DT



    https://outlawzchallenges.blogspot.com/



    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!