Sunday, October 16, 2022

myasperations 10-16-22

I really missed visits to my doctor, dentist, and stylist during COVID. (And my teeth, hair, and aging bones missed them too!)  After businesses were allowed to open for business about this time two years ago, I wanted to thank my wonderful dentist and stylist (and their staff ) to show them how much I missed them. Since people were still warned against getting together  for the  holidays I brought them a basket of Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas cards. They were so thrilled, that did it again last year… and plan to again this year.  This post includes a few of the cards for this year’s gift. The first one includes a SU set that I’ve had for a few decades. I made a Tunnel Card a while ago, and created this card using just the inside of the card. I really like the way it turned out.
Supplies: 

·   Scarecrow, cornstalks, and pumpkins made with a retired Stampin’ Up! set.

·   Tunnel Card Tutorial- Jennifer McGuire’s Tutorial can be found HERE 

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Double D’s Challenge- Octoberfest  
Scribbles Designs Challenge- #113 Fall Colour
Allsorts Challenge- Week 698: Sentiment  

Back when I was scrapbooking. I discovered an online treasure of wonderful digis named “Little Scraps of Heaven.” Artist/Owner Tricia Veinot Moore is transitioning to a new shop, so everything at her current shop is on sale. Most items (and sets) are just $1.50.  This little raccoon is just $1.00. I decided to feature him on a fall birthday card to include in this year’s gift basket. I haven’t entered the current Butterfly Challenge, so used an upcycled card front and markers to feature three of the colors Canary Yellow, Chili Red, and Cyan, plus one of the themes-Butterfly (several of them flutter across the front and inside of the card.
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Little Scraps of Heaven (Harvest Raccoon)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen 

·   Sentiments- Simply Cards & Papercrafts Magazine 171-Bonus (No longer available)    

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into: 
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #565-566 Anything Goes                    

A friend gifted me with this wonderful Rudolph brad a while ago, and it was fun to make this fun card with it! And, the great news, is that it went together very quickly with items from my stash. I’m entering this card into several challenges including The Sisterhood of CraftersOne for the Guys” (Ummm “my guy” aka husband, chuckled about the inside sentiment when I shared this card, mainly because he’s watched me try to dress up the tree with tinsel. Plus…. What guy doesn’t recognize, if not appreciate, Rudolp’s bravery?!)
Supplies: 

·   Reindeer Brad- Eyelet Outlet (Item no longer available) if you like brads, visit them HERE 

·   Inside Sentiment- Upcycled from a Christmas card

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Outlawz Challenge- Twisted Thursday Anything Goes  (optional-Tags!
Outlawz Challenge- October 2022 Linky
Gem of a Challenge- Week #21 Anything Goes                           

5 comments:

  1. A pretty Autumnal creation, many thanks for joining in at Allsorts challenge again this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely autumnal creation - love the sweet scarecrow image. Thanks so much for joining in with my "Add a Sentiment" challenge at Allsorts this week.
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome projects Kathy! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

    Darlene
    Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card Kathy, I always look forward to see what you make for me. Thankyou for coming and playing in the Butterfly Garden with me. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely thought for your hairdresser, doctor and dentist. Lovely autumnal card Kathy. I like the cottagey feel to it. Thank you for entering the Fall Colors Challenge at Scribbles Designs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!