Tuesday, March 1, 2022

myasperations 3-1-22

Hello. If you stopped by to see either my QKR or Sheepski DT cards I apologize. I had a nagging feeling this evening (Monday) that I was forgetting something. Figured it was because of a busy day training a new staff member and I'd adjust the schedule tomorrow when I remembered just what I was forgetting. Then, when brushing my teeth before heading to bed I suddenly realized, tomorrow is March 1st. "Yikes! Tomorrow is March 1st!!!! And I haven't posted my DT cards!"
So, I will post the photos and supplies now, then come back tomorrow and post the details after I get some much-needed beauty sleep (or in my case, "Look less like a zombie" sleep!) 
Just realized that I also missed posting my DT card for March 2nd challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge. Sorry about that. For the sake of time, I’ll add it below.  

First up is my DT card for QKR Stampede. Stop by the challenge, which is always “Anything Goes” and several prizes are awarded. Maybe you’ll be inspired to enter a card or two yourself? 
I needed a get-well card for someone who wouldn’t be wowed by flowers or cute kittens. So… opted for this fun fussy caterpillar. I printed off the caterpillar digi, mason jar digi, an extra copy of just the lid on white cardstock and fussy cut all three. (The digi includes a sentiment. But since it didn’t work for this card idea, I trimmed it from the image.) Adhered a few die cut leaves to the jar digi, added the fuzzy cutie, then laid a strip of laminate across the top and pressed it into place. After trimming the excess laminate, I set it aside and worked on the lid. Colored it with grey markers, added white gel pen highlights, the punched little “air holes in the top with a mini-circle punch (usually used for eyelets.). A bit of twine and computer-generated sentiments finished the fun card. 
Supplies: 
·   Digi- QKR Stampede Digital Image(Warm and FuzzyAlso available in unmounted or cling-mounted (Note-I trimmed the sentiment from the image for this card) 

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Free Printable Mason Jar found HERE

·   Scotch Name Tag Laminating sheets- available from several sources

·   Sentiments- Computer Generated

·   Foliage die cuts, mini hole punch, cardstock, and other items and tools from my stash.

Entered into:  
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week #7 Anything Goes                        
Jan’s Digi Stamps- February 2022 Anything Goes     

Next up is my DT card for the monthly challenge on the Sheepski Designs Blog. The theme is “Flowers” and since Daffodils are one of my favorite Spring flowers, I picked (ha… picked! Get it?!) this beautiful digi named “Jo’s Daffodils for my card. Decided to keep the color scheme simple to help the bold blooms stand out, and added some wonderful patterns of polka dotted paper and ribbon. Those that follow my blog know that I use my trusty white gel pen often, and outlining delicate blooms is one of my favorite techniques.                
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Sheepski Designs Digi (Jo’s Daffodils)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Sparkly Heart Stickers- Hobby Lobby

·    Inside Sentiment- Desert Diva Freebie (Birthday Wishes)

·    Front Sentiment “You’re On My Mind” from Beccy's Place Digital Set (Keeping It Simple)

·   Pioneer Black Photo corners- available from several sources

·   Sheer black dotted Swiss ribbon- JoAnne’s

·   Cardstock and other items and tools from my stash.

Entered into:  
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- March                
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday  (Spring Flowers)
Outlawz Challenge- Saturday Paper Ala Mode- Looking Forward To.... (Spring Flowers!)
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge
Outlawz Sunday Challenge- The Brook in February

For Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge, my DT card features a vintage digi from Twinkle Lane Designs.  It was quick and easy to color with grey, white, and a titch of silver. The colorful sentiment on the front and inside is actually upcycled from a Christmas gift. The agency where I work gave all 50 of us a beautiful Christmas tin that contained a bonus check (who doesn’t love that?!), plus chocolate, packages of gourmet hot chocolate, and a pair of lovely red&black checked socks with positive statements on the bottom of each sock. I didn’t even think of tossing the packaging from the socks in the trash, as the sentiments they held will work beautiful on this card, which will be sent to our local Chief of Police after his staff helps us provide a community education event for parents in April (hopefully the first “live” training since COVID roared onto the scene.) Even during COVID local law enforcement has continued to help my team provide drug prevention information- via virtual and media platforms and this card expresses the feelings of my prevention team perfectly!
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Twinkle Lane Designs (Vintage Camera)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white & silver gel pens

·   Stickos Puffy Heart Sticker- available from several sources

·   Sentiments- Upcycled from a Christmas gift (packaging from wool socks)

·   Pioneer Black Photo corners- available from several sources

·   Tiny little camera on inside sentiment was fussy cut from paper in my scrapbook stash.

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Gem of a Challenge- Week #5 Anything Goes
Outlawz Challenge- Twisted Thursday Anything Goes (Optional Twist- Paint the Town Red)

3 comments:

  1. Hey you and me both, I forgot completely what day it was today :) happens to the best of us. Love your awesome cards!!
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy we have all forgotten what day it is at sometime or another...;-) at least I know I have. Your cards are lovely and show nice work. I thank you for sharing them with us late or not. I always enjoy seeing talent here at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. I look forward to you joining us again. Good Luck and Happy Crafting!
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the caterpillar in the jar, Kathy! Thanks so much for playing in our Anything Goes challenge at Jan's Digi Stamps this month. Hope to see you again next month. Good Luck in the draw.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!