Friday, March 11, 2022

myasperations 3-11-22

It’s Friday and time for the Colour Crazy Challenge. This challenge is also an “Anything Goes” but it adds a requirement; the creation needs to include coloring in “any colouring medium you like, onto any project you like, and in any colours you like.” I’ve never outgrown my love for coloring… which is why making cards is stress therapy for me!! 
This week's sponsor is Mirtillamente and my DT card features a digi named Crazy Paw Monkey.  I colored the primate with Spectrum Noir Classique Markers and a Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen, plus added highlights to his piercings with a silver gel pen.  The sentiment, that I feel compliments the quirky image, is computer generated.
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Mirtillamente (Crazy Paw Monkey)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white & silver gel pens

·   Sentiments- Computer Generated

·   Cardstock, leaf patterned paper, Fiskars Victorian Scroll Edge Scissors, and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week #9 Anything Goes                        
Papercraft Challenges   Challenge #79-Anything Goes
2craftycrittercrazies challenge- March 2022                                 
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- March                    

My next card features a fun winter digi that makes me smile… mainly because I have memories of being this bundled up as a kid so I could go out and play on beautiful snowy days! My siblings and I spent hours sledding, ice-skating, and building snowmen and snow forts during my childhood. I still love being outside in the winter, walking or snowshoeing while enjoying nature!  
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Cute As A Button (It's Cold Outside)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment- TLC Creations Freebie (Warm Winter Wishes)

·   Assorted die-cut Snowflakes: Cheery Lynn Designs Die (C146 Snowflakes) AND Lawn Fawn LF995-Mini Snowflakes Die Set

·   Blue snowflake Sticker set- Hobby Lobby

·   Inside Sentiments- Computer Generated

·   Cardstock and snowflake patterned paper from my stash.
Entered into: 
Cute As A Button- March: CH #78 Anything Goes + (Option) Purple and Green
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #533-534 Anything Goes                   
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week #10 Anything Goes                      
Scribbles Designs Challenge- #106 Winter Wonderland
Path Of Positivity Challenge- Challenge #99 (Celebrate Something Special about your Childhood)

My final card this post includes a sweet little elf from a Beccy’s Place digi set, cooking up a batch of gingerbread cookies. I added lots of patterns, textures, and depth to the card with stickers, patterned paper piecing (apron), and foam mounting tape. I especially like the cookies on the cookie sheet. They have such cute little dough-bellies!
 
Supplies: 

·   Digi and front sentiment- from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Making Merry)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen, and Marvy silver marker

·   Photo corners available from several web sources (WXJ13 Photo Mounting Corners)

·   Puffy Heart Stickers- Sticko’s

·   Front Sentiment- “Sweet” from Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Christmas Candies)

·   “Frosting” on sentiment cookies-Liquid Pearls (red&green) and Scribbles White 3-D paint

·   Inside Sentiment- Eureka Digi Stamp (Thinking of You) Also available: unmounted or cling-mounted

·   Gingerbread cookie and Christmas tree paper behind inside sentiment- From Hobby Lobby Christmas Basics Box of Cards

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  

Beccy’s Place Challenge- March  Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun!
Incy Wincy Designs- Home and Food Since I’m a DT for Beccy’s Place (sponsor), I’m entering just for fun!
Colorful Options Monthly Challenge- January: Gorgeous Green   
Paper Funday-#39 ATG  Since I’m a DT for Eureka, please don’t include me in the draw for their prize

PS- Beccy’s Place will be retiring many digital and also clear stamp sets at the end of April. Until then, you can pick up some of my favorites for 50% Off! Link to the entire list HERE.


14 comments:

  1. Love the monkey Kathy, and your colouring is fabulous as always! The addition of the silver pen for the piercings is cute! I also like the scattering of leaves you added both inside and outside the card... works really well with the image.
    I had to chuckle at your second card... this is how I would love to dress every single day in winter, even though our day temperatures are usually around 60F. I don't like the cold! Fabulous image, and I love the sentiment you added.
    Your last card in this post is festive and fabulous! I love the dimension you added by popping up different areas and adding all those great mediums. Fabulous job on his clothes too!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, how cute is this little one all bundled! Yep, I sent my kids out looking like that and now I dress like that to go out to the barn! Very fun card; so happy you shared with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy:
    This is so super cute. Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. Please stop by again soon and have a wonderfully creative and blessed week.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Elf image and the festive design. Thanks for entering your lovely project in The Paper Funday Challenge and we hope to see you again soon.
    Donna
    The Paper Funday Challenge
    The Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once again fabulously fun and creative cards!! Thank you for joining our fun at Colorful Options!
    Diane CO DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of your cards Kathy are fantastic...love the monkey hanging from the branch with his banana so adorable...I can remember all bundled up too for all activities in the winter in my younger days...your sweet elf baking gingerbread is whimsical and great color combo for the Holiday Season....well done all around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun cards Kathy! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Colorful Options!
    Darlene
    COLORFUL OPTIONS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous wintry card! Thank you for sharing with us at Scribbles Designs, we hope you can join us again soon ~ Janice, Inspiration Team

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us for Week 10 at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. More fun cards. Love the monkey one.
    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge blog.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your monkey is too cute and I just love the sentiment you used here.Thank you for joining us over at Paper FunDay,Shandy,DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing with us over at Cute As A Button. We hope to see you again.
    ~ DT Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Belated thanks for sharing your projects with us at Paper Funday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!