Wednesday, March 16, 2022

myasperations 3-16-22

It's time for another challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog where challenges are always Anything Goes and prizes are awarded from one or more sponsors. Stop by the blog to check it out!
For this challenge, my DT card features a festive digi from LeAnn's World 101 named Dominic. I chose a color scheme, patterned papers, and sheet music that all work for a Valentine's card. Even the red accordion, inspired by a photo I found via google, fits the theme. I printed off an extra copy of the accordion, colored, fussy-cut, and popped it up a bit with foam tape to add some depth. (I did also cut around his right hand so that I could slip the accordion keyboard under it... you know... for the sake of realism!) 
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Passion for Markers-Birthstone Inspiration (I’m a January baby, so the red color theme on this Valentine’s Day card is a perfect fit.)  
Supplies: 

·   Digi- LeAnn's World 101 (Dominic)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white & silver gel pens

·   Accordion Sheet Music “I Love You Truly”- a freebie found HERE

·   Red and Black chalkboard paper- Hobby Lobby

·   Postage stamp, patterned paper, foam tape, cardstock, and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Passion for Markers Challenge- Week #632 Birthstone Inspiration
Jan’s Digi Stamps- March 2022 Anything Goes    
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge- Anything Goes
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge

I stumbled upon a website a little while ago that offers lots of adorable- and free- digis, plus some great tutorials. Although I needed to “join” to access the free digis, I receive only a minimal number of emails from the artist/owner, Mindy, which highlight new posts. I’ve especially enjoyed her Copic lessons in coloring and creating backgrounds. So fun! For this card I used Mindy’s free digi named “Unicorn Girl” and a wonderful sentiment from We Are 3 that I divided in half to use on the front and inside of the card. Speaking of the card, it features a variation of a gatefold that I might have created (I don’t remember seeing it anywhere… or if I did, I just spent some time on Pinterest and can’t find anything like it. So… until somebody can direct me to the source, I’ll claim it!)
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Simon Says Wednesday-Favorite Things (I love using creative folds on my cards to give them a little bit of a “wow” factor!)
Supplies: 

·   Unicorn Digi- freebie from mycreativescoop.com (Unicorn Girl) Sign up HERE to access a wonderful assortment of freebies

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Sentiment(s)- We Are 3 “Smiles” Sentiment can be found HERE.

·   Galaxy Cardstock- Hobby Lobby

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #535-536 Anything Goes                   
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- March                    
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday   Use the color purple

This is my first entry into the Butterfly Challenge, which is one of my favs!  Each challenge offers several colors and a theme that we can use on our cards, plus a specific creative fold that we can use if desired.  The current challenge is to create a Latch Fold Card and the sponsor, Mrs. A, provides easy-to-follow instructions.  My card includes two of the colors (light pink and a lavender Hello sticker), and a silver butterfly charm. I usually decorate the inside of my cards to match the front. However, I’ve discovered that I often am out of cards for a specific holiday/event when needed (lately it’s been weddings and anniversaries!) so I decided whenever possible I'd decorate the inside of my cards with scraps of paper and/or embellies used on the front and then add the specific sentiment when needed.
I’m entering this card into several challenges including The Paper Shelter (my card features flowers and a butterfly that hold the promise of Spring!)

Supplies: 
·   Digi-Ching-Chou Kuik's Digital Stamp (Love)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Collage Patterned paper from a box of A2 cards with white envelopes- Hobby Lobby
·   Front Sentiment- “Hello” Sticker-Hobby Lobby
·   Mini Flower Sequins- Simon Says Stamp (No Longer Available)
·   Sheer ribbon, gold seed beads, silver butterfly charm, and other items from my stash.
Entered into:  

9 comments:

  1. Your cards are lovely, Kathy. I especially love your beautiful thank you card. Thank you for joining us on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Good luck with your entry, and hope to see you again. Hugs, Lori - DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo Kathy, I love this! Such a great idea to have his hand loose to hold the accordion, and I love your papers and the contrast of your beautiful red, with the background card you chose. He's a cutie too! Thanks for sharing this with us at Passion for Markers!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe! Kathy all of your cards are lovely. You always do such a fabulous job. Thank you for sharing your handi-work with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Hope to see you the next month for a NEW challenge. Good Luck and Happy Crafting!
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always your cards are superb.
    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge blog.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab card Kathy. The image is fantastic and your colour scheme is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us over at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card Kathy with loads of gorgeous detail! Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Shelter - good luck hugs Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Precious images and cards. Your coloring is lovely, Thanks for playing along in the challenge at Jan's Digi Stamps!
    Donna
    Amin at Jan's Digi Stamps Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card.

    Thanks for sharing it with us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Kathy, your card is adorable. Good idea for adding the sentiments afterwards. Thankyou for coming and [playing in the butterfly garden. We are already seeing lots of butterflies in there already. mostly big Yellow ones, Admirals and Peacocks. hugs mrs A.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!