Thursday, October 7, 2021

myasperations 10-7-21

I wanted to make a card for the All Dressed Up Challenge with an Autumn theme, and decided to use their sweet digi named “Piggy Back.” I colored the digi with a lovely fall color palette. Then, because crisp fall weather usually means we get out our quilts, I used scraps of patterned paper in similar colors to create a “quilt” background.  I had a larger scrap of the leaf paper, so fussy-cut the pretty leaves to flutter across the front of the card and inside sentiment. 
 
Supplies: 

·   Digi- All Dressed Up (Piggy Back)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Inside Sentiment upcycled from a Thanksgiving card.

·   Kraft photo corners available from several web sources (WXJ13 13 Sheets 13 Colors Photo Mounting Corners)

·   Scraps of patterned papers and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends- #167 Anything Goes
Incy Wincy Designs- Halloween and/or Be Thankful
Cute Card Thursday- Challenge 693- Anything Goes
All Dressed Up FB Challenge- Autumn and/or Halloween         
All Dressed Up- #121 Anything Goes (Sept)
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday  
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge

Since I have lots (and I mean LOTS) of patterned paper scraps, I created a number of Christmas-themed tags a few months ago that include cute little paper scrap trees! Decided to make an easel card with one of them to enter into the Pixie’s Snippets Challenge, which is one of my favorite challenges. It encourages me to use my scraps, other cards into the challenge provide me with lots of examples for creative ways to use scraps (aka snippets!) and, the challenge host is a kind and generous person… and also is a dog lover like me!
One added note- the sheet music on my card is precious to my husband, Rich, and his family. They grew up in a rural home that had been in the family for nearly 8 decades. After his mom moved to an assisted living facility, Rich’s sisters helped clean out the home… finding lots of heirlooms and “treasures” in the process. When they uncovered boxes full of sheet music and choir books, many from the ’20s and ’30s, they knew that I could use them on my cards! I think this is my prototype for cards we’ll be sending out this year for Christmas. I know that my in-laws, nephews, and nieces will love them!        
Supplies: 

·   Sentiment- 2 Cute Ink Digi Set (Country Christmas)

·   Easel Card- Instructions found HERE  

·   Label behind paper pieced trees from my scrapbook stash.

·   All other items from my cardmaking stash.

Entered into:  
Christmas Craft Creations challenge- September Sketch           
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #511-512 Anything Goes                   
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge- #562 AG
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- October                 

I made my final creation for this post as a gift for one of my staff. Kenzie just turned 22 and I don’t think she is much of a drinker… but I know she likes sparkling sodas. So, when I recently found this yummy-looking citrus non-alcoholic sparkling soda I grabbed a few bottles for her.  They already came with a Cheers tag, so I decorated that with a few orange slices cut from freebie scrapbook page toppers*, plus some fun Iridescent Bubbles bling that I picked up a while ago at Simon Says.     
* I found the free orange slices at Simply Cards & Papercrafts Magazine (You can register at https://www.simplycardsmag.com to have access to these plus hundreds of other free digis, sentiments, patterns, templates, and more! And anything you download is saved on the website for later access.)
Supplies: 

·   Cheers tag- original from the flavored water

·    Orange slices- freebies from Simply Cards Magazine Edition 218 (found HEREwith added shading and highlights added with colored pencils.

·   Iridescent Bubbles Mix- Studio Katia From Simon Says Stamps

·   Sentiment- “Celebrate Your Birthday” (upcycled from an old card)

Entered into:  
Scribbles Designs Challenge- #103 Savor and Sip
Createful Heart Designs- Challenge #36 (Sept)

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful Christmas card, Kathy. Thank you for playing in CHNC! Martina - DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper October challenge - I hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable fall-inspired card! Thank you for sharing with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge. Good luck with your entry and hope to see you again.

    Donna from Creative Pixie Designs
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Design Team

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!