Wednesday, October 13, 2021

myasperations 10-13-21

It’s Wednesday, so time for another DT card for Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge Blog where challenges are also always Anything Goes and prizes are awarded from one or more sponsors.  Stop by to check it out!  My card features a sweet digi from All Dressed Up, that comes with the “magical” sentiment. I used a colorful Halloween napkin, from a pack I found at our local Dollar Tree, to provide the background on the front of the card and the inside sentiment. A sprinkling of rhinestone stars adds bling to the card.   
Supplies: 
·   Digi with Sentiment- All Dressed Up (Magical Day)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Sparkly Star Rhinestones- JoAnnes

·   Halloween Napkin- Dollar Tree 

·   Pioneer Black Photo corners- available from several sources

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
All Dressed Up FB Challenge- Autumn and/or Halloween         
Incy Wincy Designs- Halloween and/or Be Thankful
2craftycrittercrazies challenge- Oct 2021                                       
Show Us Your Pussycats Challenge- Furry Thing Goes (#71 October)      (Photo)
Outlawz Challenge- Saturday Paper Ala Mode- Halloween 
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge

When I was young, going to A&W for a root beer float was a major summer adventure. When I found a vintage A&W ad in a packet of ephemera that I stumbled upon at a local rummage sale (that was really a garage-sized treasure hunt!) I decided to make a card for one of my sisters, who also loved these yummy floats! I printed a copy of a Scribbles digi named “Beer Mug” onto white cardstock, stretching it a bit to be able to offer more height on the card front (you know, to hold more ice cream!) Then, laying a scrap of vellum on the digi, I traced, then trimmed just the mug section. I colored the backside of the vellum mug with a few shades of brown plus added dimension to the frosty mug and its handle with shades of gray. White and cream paper torn into circular shapes became scoops of ice cream that I adhered to the top and back of the colored mug. Scraps of vellum and a white gel pen created yummy foam (always my favorite part to slurp!) I finished the card with fun zigzag paper, the vintage ad, and computer-generated sentiments.  (I provided a close-up picture of the right section of the menu because the prices are definitely from the past. Probably about the date that a trip to A&W was a childhood treat! The price of a float- hidden by the mug- was a mere 35 cents!  
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Scribbles Designs (Beer Mug)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Sentiments- Computer Generated

·   Cardstock, vellum, vintage ad, foam tape, and all other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge- Monochromatic
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #513-514 Anything Goes                   
Scribbles Designs Challenge- #103 Savor and Sip
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- October      
           
I created this card, my final entry into the current Double D’s challenge, using one of my favorite wood-mount stamps from a company named Northwoods Rubber Stamps. When a friend and I owned a stamp store in the late ‘90s, this was one of the most popular stamp companies we carried, mostly because their wildlife stamps were so wonderfully detailed and realistic. (I recently discovered the company has a website and still sells amazing stamps. Although I don’t see this one in their listing, they have many rubber and clear-mount wildlife stamps available.) The shaped card template, appropriately named "Owl in a Hollow Log," is a freebie I found HERE. It was easy to print the template onto kraft brown cardstock and use accompanying instructions to add texture with brown ink and a white colored pencil. The sentiment is computer-generated. 
I’m entering this card into several challenges including The Paper Shelter (the main two colors
of my card are brown and cream) and Outlawz Challenge- Twisted Thursday-Make it Punny
(the computer-generated sentiment reads "Well Owl be... You don't look that old!" )
Supplies: 
·   Wood Mount Stamp- Northwoods Rubber Stamps (Owl) No longer available 

·   Owl colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Hollow tree colored with an ink pad and white colored pencil.

·   Foliage- Sizzlits Leaves and Branches Die and Memory Box Pinecone Corner Die

·   Sentiments- Computer Generated

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Double D’s Challenge- Owls or Pumpkins     
The Paper Shelter- #487 Two Colors  
Outlawz Challenge- Twisted Thursday Anything Goes (Optional Twist- Make it Punny)
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday   

11 comments:

  1. Love how you put the owl in the tree. Great papers and design. Thanks for playing along with us at Double D Owl or Pumpkin Challenge.
    Kathy
    DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this owl card and how you have him sitting inside the tree! GREAT job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Owls and/or Pumpkins’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before I get to your TPS entry, I just want to say that your other 2 cards are fantastic! I love root beer! It's more about the smell than the taste though.

    Your peeking owl card is wonderful! What a super design! Gorgeous image and how lucky to find the brand still out there, available. Gorgeous colour combo Kathy. Thanks for sharing this with us at The Paper Shelter!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulously designed card! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper October challenge - I hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That adorable All Dressed Up image is so cute, and I love your coloring of it! Thanks for sharing this cutie with us at the Critter Crazy challenge, and good luck! 😊

    ~Marie B - DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous selection of creations all wonderfully designed thank you for joining our challenge at THE PAPER SHELTER this week
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Halloween card Kathy. Thank you for entering the Halloween and/or Be Thankful Challenge at Incy Wincy Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, love the owl, thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Shelter this week.
    Julie TPS DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards! Each unique in their own way. Thanks for sharing at critter crazy. Pam DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous cards and super colouring. I love the sweet girl with her cat. Great find on that colourful background napkin :-)
    Thank you for coming to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.
    Hugz
    IKE =^..^=

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!