Friday, November 20, 2020

Flamingo Fun!

It’s Friday and time for the Colour Crazy Challenge. This challenge is “Anything Goes” but adds one requirement- the creation needs to include coloring in “any colouring medium you like, onto any project you like, and in any colours you like.” I’ve never outgrown my love for coloring… which is why making cards is stress therapy for me!!

This week’s sponsor is Knitty Kitty. and my DT card features a sweet image from a set of skating flamingos named Build A Snow Scene. I printed off copies of a flamingo, flipping one of them so that I could glue them together to create a two-sided image. Bright pink coloring and some pretty pastel pink feathers help to bring the beauty (I think her name is Felicia) to life! The base of my card, with the circle cutout and inside sentiment “Joy” is from a boxed set that I found at an after Christmas sale last year. The cutout provided the perfect frame for the skater. I replaced the red ribbon with burgundy, which looks better with the pink flamingo, and added a blue circle cut from a plastic document folder to the inside of the card on top of the sentiment. It provides some contrast so that Felicia really pops! (Note- Plastic document folders come in a pack of assorted colors and can be found in the office supply section of most stores and from some dollar stores! I really like using them on my cards because they're cheaper than colored vellum and are more translucent.  You can write on them with a fine-line permanent marker or white gel pen. The plastic is also easy to fussy-cut with a nice, sharp pair of scissors. And then can be adhered to a card with small strips of double-stick tape.) 
I attached the skater to the opening by cutting a thin strip of acetate taping a strip and taping it to the backside of the card front, and covering the tape with a piece of scrapbook paper with a circle cutout. I then attached the Felicia images to the acetate with double-stick tape, tucking feathers down between the image and the acetate strip. Took some finagling, but I like the results. The final touch was adding a gentle flurry of bright blue snowflake stickers to the card.

Supplies: 
·   Digi- Knitty Kitty (Build A Snow Scene)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Snowflake Stickers- Hobby Lobby
·   Scrapbook paper, acetate strip, ribbon, and boxed Christmas card from my stash
Entered into: 
Simon Says Monday Challenge- Happy Holidays                         
Power Poppy- Creative Confetti- Let It Snow                    
Crafty Catz Challenge- Anything Goes #528 
Dragonfly Dreams- Christmas/Winter
The Paper Shelter- #450 Use a Digi
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge- Blue Monochrome

This card was created for a wonderful annual event at Beccy’s Place named the Month of Holiday Cards Challenge (not just Christmas cards, you can make cards for ANY holiday.) This is my third year of participating, and I’m honored to now be a member of Beccy’s DT (called a Contributor!) and am blessed to have a large collection of Beccy’s amazing artwork! The 8th annual Challenge goes on all month, with drawings for daily challenges, for posting comments, and even random entry numbers!  Stop in HERE to learn more.  Most of the challenges follow an A-Z theme… with a few other topics thrown in to cover all 31 days of November. This card is for the letter “K” as in Kraft Cardstock. I printed Stanley Claus onto kraft cardstock, colored and fussy-cut the handsome bear before placing him on a Tri-fold Shutter card base. The holly sequins were from my sweet mom's craft stash. I know she would have loved seeing them add some bling to Stanleys card. (Speaking of Stanley. I attempted to make him look fluffy by sponging on a bit of white pigment ink. But I fear that it just makes him look like he is molting!! Or, in the words of Christopher Robin, maybe he’s just a “Silly OLD bear!”)
Supplies: 

·   Digi and Sentiments- Beccy’s Place Digital Stamp (Stanley Claus)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen, and white pigment ink

·   Instructions for Tri-Fold Shutter Card HERE

·   Cardstock, background papers, white furry fabric, holly sequins and circle template from my stash

Entered into:  
Beccy’s Place- 8th Annual Month of Holiday Cards Challenge- K is for Kraft
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #466-467 Anything Goes 
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays  
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge

My final card this post features the November Progressive Challenge Freebie at Outlawz. It is named “Ellie with Kittens” from Paper Nest Dolls. I also used the Outlawz current Wednesday Sketch when creating my card.  I am entering my card into several other challenges including Outlawz Tuesday TicTacToe (my card fits into the middle column (includes flowers, kittens and a heart-shaped barrette).  
 
Supplies · Digi- Paper Nest Dolls (Ellie With Kittens)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Front Sentiment “Happy Purr-thday” from an Imagine That digi set (Kitty Lapping Milk)
·   Inside Sentiment- maxammadestudio.com (Happy Day)
·   Cardstock and assorted background papers from my stash
Entered into: 
Outlawz Challenges- Progressive Freebie- Paper Nest Dolls  (Ellie with Kittens)
Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color Challenge- TicTacToe        
Outlawz Challenges- Wednesday Sketch        
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- November  
Spectrum Noir Community Group (FB)- Nov- Anything Goes   

10 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy your card is gorgeous. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Kathy, you've done a wonderful job creating them! The flamingo on the first card is awesome, what a great image! I love the addition of the feathers and the flurry of snowflakes.
    I had a chuckle at your description of Stanley. I don't think he looks like he's moulting... he's definitely fluffy! Love the actual fluff you placed around his hat.
    Your last card is very cute with a very sweet image. You've done an awesome job with the colouring as always. I also like those pretty strips of patterned paper, they contrast nicely with the card stock.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Cards Kathy but totally love that Crazy Flamingo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all such fun cards! Especially loving the flamingo card with the fun feather details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards. I like the "fluff" on Stanley's hat - it looks so realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous array of cards, Kathy! All so different and such fun. Love the flamingo and the fluffy bear cards, so cute and creative. And your colouring is amazing, the little kitty image especially! Well done for getting 3 Outlawz challenges in that 1 card!
    Jacqui
    DT for The Outlawz

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely cards and designs, thank you for sharing your work with Crafty Catz challenge
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Skating flamingos with real feathers...totally adorable! I just love it! Thanks for sharing with us at Power Poppy for our Winter Time Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhhhh!!! So fun Kathy! Love the feathers you added to the flamingo and love the front and back look to it! Brilliant! What a darling creation (as usual!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. All wonderful cards and patterned paper. Thanks for joining us at CHNC Patterned Paper Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!