Monday, June 29, 2020

Ice Cream

The Little Scraps of Heaven owner/artist, Tricia Veinot Moore offers a weekly freebie. This week you can get this sweet digi named “So Cool2” HERE until Thursday July 2nd for free. (Also, Tricia has all of her wonderful images- individual images and sets regularly priced up to $5- all on sale right now for just $1. So stop by soon and I’ll be you will be adding several of her cute digis or sets to your collection!) The digi came with a cut file, which allowed me to cut out all the pieces of this sweet image and then glue them together using the photo as my guide. Super easy!  A corrugator that I rarely use, helped add texture to the cone that was cut from a scrap of cardboard. I used small white brads to decorate the sunglasses and made the lenses from a black plastic translucent document folder. (These wonderful items come in a pack of assorted colors and can be found in the office supply section of most stores. I really like using them on my cards because they're cheaper than colored vellum and the plastic is easy to cut with a nice, sharp pair of scissors.) The lighthouse background is from a memo pad I picked up at TJ Max years ago. I had to create a card base larger than my usual, but it helps the little cutie not overpower the card. The sentiments are computer-generated.
 
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Little Scraps of Heaven (So Cool2)
·   Sentiments- Computer Generated
·   Blue parchment cardstock and a corrugator from my stash
·   Lighthouse scenery background- a memo pad from my stash
Entered into:  
Little Scraps of Heaven- Ice Cream  (FB) 
Lemon Shortbread Challenge- Anything Goes #122
Polkadoodles Challenge-Week 24 Anything Goes                         
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Anything Goes                                      
A Perfect Time to Craft 2020-Anything Goes- Challenge #6-2020

I love butterflies because they carry the message of hope following a struggle. After three months of COVID related restrictions and concerns, I think we can all use a little hope! So I love the Butterfly Challenge.  The sponsor, Mrs. A provides instructions for making a different creative fold card for each challenge. Her instructions make the current “Z Fold” super easy to make (Mrs. A. actually provided two different versions of the card. I chose the simplest one!) My card featured one color (Zenchua or Light Purple), one theme (z-fold), plus the butterfly!   The butterfly is adhered to the card with double-stick tape, plus a few strips of acetate taped to the underside of the wings and the card base holds the butterfly in place and helps provide support.
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Graphics Fairy Freebie (Butterfly)
·   Colored with Decorative Chalks, Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Sentiment- Scrapbook label from my stash
·   Cloud stationery, floral paper, cardstock and acetate scraps from my stash
Entered into:  
Butterfly Challenge- #143 Z for Z-Fold  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #444-445 Anything Goes                   
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- June                      
Path Of Positivity Challenge- Challenge #81

I wanted to create a card to enter into a baby-themed challenge at PowerPoppy and knew exactly which digi to use, Whimsy Stamps sweet “Cradled By the Moon.” A beautiful plaid digi paper, which is a freebie from Beccy’s Place, provides a wonderful background to the little babe. I had folded a few extra Z-fold card bases and decided to use one to hold a 5 x 3¾ piece of blue paper upon which I adhered the colored image and a sentiment. A computer-generated sentiment, smaller piece of the plaid background, and extra hearts cropped from the front sentiment decorate the inside of the card.  (I usually fussy-cut images... so it was a new experience to drop a PNG digi on top of a patterned digi. And I was thrilled that it worked! I have a feeling I'll be doing more of this in the future!)    
  
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Whimsy Stamps (Cradled By The Moon)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Front Sentiment- Papercrafts Magazine Freebie (no longer available)  
·   Inside sentiment- Computer Generated
·   Background plaid- Beccy’s Place (June Challenge Freebie)
Entered into:  
Power Poppy- Creative Confetti- Oh Baby!
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays                                                
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge
Bugaboo Stamps- June Color Challenge    
Beccy’s Place Challenge- June      

8 comments:

  1. Great cards. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy all your cards are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The butterfly card is so beautiful and definitely carries a story of success and positivity with it! Such a creative design and wonderful papers with your enchanting butterfly! Thanks for sharing with us at Path of Positivity. ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cloud background looks just right with the butterfly and I like that you have used one of the extra folded cards to make a baby card with . Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that little penguin Kathy, what a cutie! You've done a wonderful job embellishing him with cool shades and a yummy looking waffle cone. Love the background design too.
    The Z-themed card you created is awesome. I must admit though, I've never heard of the colour zenchua before, that's a new one for me. Great fold, I really like the placement of the butterfly.
    Your last card is super sweet, the little image is adorable. I like the font you used throughout the card too, it's playful and fun.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  6. That penguin is so cute. Thanks for sharing it with us Polkadoodles Janet GDT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards. Thank you for play with us at Polkadoodles craft of a challenge blog. Good luck with your entry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh! Your creation is darling Kathy.I love the image and sentiment -- just perfect! I was so excited to read that you used a digital stamp. I am pretty sure that digi will end up in my collection after seeing your card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!