Friday, May 29, 2020

Coffee times Two

Today is the last day of the Coffee Lovers Blog hop. I had the day off, so have been busy creating all day.. then realized that I need to get them on my blog so that I can enter them into the Hop. So I’ll be adding several posts within a short time to get them entered on time.

My first card for the Hop features one of my favorite character stamps from Art Impressions named “Super Maude.” I’ve had this dear lady in my collection for nearly 20 years, but I checked and she is still available as one of AI’s “Golden Oldies”!  I love the snarky attitude that she exudes, and I often pair them with sentiments like the one I used for this card (a freebie from Kelly Winnell.) I made the striped background to resemble muted wallpaper
with a stripes stencil, small flower stamps and light pastel-colored ink pads.
 
 
Supplies: 
·    Image- Art Impressions Clear Stamp (Super Maude)
·    Colored with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·    Sentiment- Freebie from Kellie Winnell (Coffee comes from a plant)
·    Stripe stencil- Printworks (no longer available)  Note- I did find a similar one at a reasonable price HERE
·    Assorted background papers, paper doilies, pastel ink pads and assorted mini floral stamps (unmounted-source unknows)  from my stash
Entered into:
CoffeeLoversCardmakers.com- 2020 Spring Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop   
Art Impressions- #283 All Layered Up
Crafty Catz Challenge- Anything Goes #508 (Optional twist- At Least Two Layers) 
Polkadoodles Challenge-Week 22 Anything Goes   
Stamplorations-  May Stencil: Anything Goes   

A friend who knows that I love all things coffee gave me a packet of these wonderful B&W beverage napkins a few years ago. I made this card by separating the layers of one of the napkins, which leaves the coffee cup slightly translucent.  I carefully trimmed the square image from a napkin, slipped scraps of patterned paper behind the cups. I love how the subtle colors and patterns show through.  I bought a box of 10 notecards at TJ Max a few years ago because I loved the wonderful black die-cut on each. I trimmed one from a card and used it to frame the bottom of this card. I printed off a computer-generated tag, stapled a bit of ribbon to it, and slid it down into the diecut flowers. So pretty. 
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Bugaboo Stamps 123 Recipe Challenge which requires 1 ribbon (on the tag), 2 flowers (the die cuts look like stylized flowers) and 3 layers (The top portion of the card- napkin section- includes three layers= yellow paper + paper piecing + napkin. The lower portion-dicut section- also includes three layers= Diecut + yellow paper + tag!)
Supplies: 
·    Beverage napkin, vellum scraps, washi tape and assorted papers from my stash.
·    Sentiment- Computer Generated
·    Assorted background papers, black diecut, and ribbon scrap from my stash
Entered into:  
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Anything Goes                                               
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #440-441 Anything Goes                   
Bugaboo Stamps- 123 Recipe Challenge (1 ribbon, 2 flowers, 3 layers)
Outlawz Challenge- Saturday Paper Ala Mode- Encouragement

I recently won three digis from Lemon Shortbread and had such fun creating with this sweet digi named “Winter Snowflake.” (However, on my card this title should be “Winter Snowflakes”?!) For the first time ever, I added a png image to a background paper (you CAN teach an old Kathy new things!) I really like the ease of doing this so I’ll plan to do more experimenting. (Sadly, the background paper that is used is no longer available and I just discovered that the company closed last December.  The base for my card was created with a  beautiful snowflake patterned paper in jewel tones. It inspired my color palette when I started coloring the image with alcohol markers.  I've always loved snowflakes and now have a nice collection of dies and punches. I used an assortment of both in different sizes to add some fun to this card! .)The sentiments are both from Beccy’s Place digi sets.
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Outlaws Sketch (I did use a rectangle vs a square, and flipped the sketch, placing large snowflakes on the lower left and upper right corners), The Sisterhood of Crafters (One of my  favorite techniques is that I love to color… and layer on the embellies! Okay… this card includes TWO of my favs!)
 
 

Supplies: 
·    Digi- Lemon Shortbread (Winter Snowflake)
·    Colored with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·    Background Paper- winnie and walter Holidaymint Snowfall (company has closed its shop and blog)
·    Snowflake Dies- Spellbinders November 2019 Small Die of The Month Club Exclusive  and Lawn Fawn LF995-Mini Snowflakes Die Set
·    Snowflake Punch- Martha Stewart Large Punch-Himalayan Snowflake
·    Front Sentiment- “Hello Friend” from Beccy’s Place Digital Set  (True Beauty)
·    Inside  sentiment- “Sending you warm winter wishes” from Beccy’s Place Digital Set  (Seasonal Windows)
·   Jewel-toned background paper- Hobby Lobby
·    Assorted background papers from my stash
Entered into:  
Lemon Shortbread Challenge- Anything Goes #120
Outlawz Challenges- Wednesday Sketch 
The Sisterhood of Crafters- Favorite Technique
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays                                                         
Outlawz - Inlinks Challenge                                                                  
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- May 

14 comments:

  1. Oh Maude makes a fun caffeinated card and you’ve colored her fabulously!😎

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card. I have this image and love it. I love your card. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So hilarious and I love that sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all so cute and I love the sentiment "....salad" so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. TFS Super Maude, Kathy..she never gets old:-) So pleased you joined us at STAMPlorations Stencil. Your stencil floral old wall paper turned out great! Stay safe and creative. Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your image win ... Fabulous coloring on this sweetie! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable image and card! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two decades is amazing! That's really a gorgeous image and very pretty drawing indeed. Thank you Kathy for playing along with us at STAMPLorations May Stencil Challenge. Best of luck. Happy creating as always :)
    Hugs and smiles,
    Asmah
    ...STAMPlorations {Stencil Design Team}...
    ...Qinaahana Arts & Crafts {My Personal Blog}...
    ...My Instagram...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm back with my Crafty Catz hat on. Great to see this fun AI image again. One of my own favorite stamps. Your card is so cute. The other cards are awesome. So glad you shared over at Crafty catz (and bugaboo Catch the bug)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards. Thanks for sharing with STAMPlorations Stencil Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for play with us at Polkadoodles craft of a challenge blog, Good luck with your entry, we hope to see your back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you can, blot the fresh stain and then run cold water over it. Coffee Grinders

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!