Friday, April 3, 2020

Three Seasons of Greetings

It’s Friday, so time for another challenge at QKR Stampede!  Stop by the challenge, which is always “Anything Goes” and several prizes are awarded. Maybe you’ll be inspired to enter a card or two yourself? My DT card features a powerful Easter image and sentiment. I added some muted coloring to the digi image and created a “wooden” cross with strips of brown cardstock that I’d embossed with a woodgrain folder. After taping the cross together on the backside, I draped the velvet ribbon and also taped it down. I trimmed the ends of the ribbon and adhered the cross to the card front. Gold photo corners add a little bit of elegance to the card, and an upcycled butterfly added to the inside sentiment, adds wonderful symbolism of new life (which is what Easter is all about!)
 
Supplies: 
·    Digi- QKR Digital Stamp (Cross)
·    Inside sentiment- Eureka Digital Stamp (Wonderful Promise)
·    Colored with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·    Woodgrain Embossing Folder- Stampin’ Up!
·    Assorted background papers, gold photo corners and a strip of purple velvet ribbon from my stash
·    Butterfly image cut from an old magazine, antenna cut from a scrap of black cardstock
Entered into:  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #432-433 Anything Goes                    
The Sisterhood of Crafters- Easter
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays

Friday also means that I get to share DT cards for the Colour Crazy Challenge. This challenge is also an “Anything Goes” but it adds a requirement- the creation needs to include coloring in “any colouring medium you like, onto any project you like, and in any colours you like.” I’ve never outgrown my love for coloring… which is why making cards is stress therapy for me!!
Our sponsor this week is All Dressed Up and I enjoyed creating a card that features a sweet image named  Little Butterfly Girl.”  The image is colored with Spectrum Noir markers and a Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen.  I added some sparkle to her wings and the tips of her antenna with Stickles because a girl loves her bling! The pretty pastel background for this card is actually the cardboard from a tissue box (I love to upcycle items!)  The “Just flying by to say hi”  sentiment is a freebie from birdscards.com  I’m entering this card into several challenges including All Dressed Up FB Challenge- Dies Cuts and/or Punches (I used a corner rounded punch on a few of the layers) and Outlawz Monday Challenge- use geometrics (ovals).            
 
Supplies: 
·    Digi- All Dressed Up (Little Butterfly Girl)
·    Front Sentiment- Birdscards Freebie (Just flying by…)
·    Colored with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·    Stickles- Star Dust (on the wings and antenna))
·    Assorted background papers from my stash
·    Corner Rounder punch- from my stash
·   Upcycled tissue box
·   Corner rounder punch and oval templates from my scrapbooking stash.
Entered into:  
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge- Geometric Shapes
Outlawz Challenge- Twisted Thursday- Anything Goes (Optional TWIST: Use a Fairy)
Cute Card Thursday- Challenge #628 Anything Goes
Crafty Catz Challenge- Anything Goes #500 (Optional twist- For the Girls) 
All Dressed Up- Anything Goes- #103 Anything Goes (March)             
All Dressed Up FB Challenge- Dies Cuts and/or Punches                      


I inherited my love of all things crafting from my mom. When growing up she taught me some basic embroidery stitches, including those used to make this assortment of Christmas Ornaments. I had fun making these and then teaching a few nieces to make them last Christmas. I had been told that you can make “boiled wool” by running 100% wool sweaters, blazers, socks, etc. in the washing machine at the hottest temperature. And… it worked beautifully! I used some badly worn and mishappen sweaters. The white mitten was made from a sweater that had cuffs. I was excited that the cuffs shrunk down in size so that they could be easily rolled into cuffs for the mitten!  The blanket stitch edges plus snowflake and bit of greenery with berries were some of the designs that Mom taught me to make 50+ years ago! On the inside of the card, I’ll note that the mittens are meant to be hung on their tree and enjoyed in future years. So fun!
Supplies: 
·    Wool mittens ornaments- made with upcycled scraps of boiled wool and old sweater
·    Sentiments- Computer Generated
·    Assorted background paper, doilies and embroidery floss from my stash
Entered into:  
Polkadoodles Challenge-Week #14 Anything Goes                                
Christmas Crafts All Year Round- Anything Christmas/Winter Holiday

12 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy all of your cards are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tissue boxes are so pretty nowadays that I salvage as much as I can from them. I like your resulting card. Cute idea with the mittens too. Hope your safe and well. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous projects, all are beautiful! Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood.
    Diane TSH DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you leaving such a lovely message on my blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. your cards and designs are beautiful,

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry, pressed the button to soon, got distracted.... thank you for joining our challenge at Crafty Catz and hope to see you again
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet card, your colouring of our image is fabulous, love your style.… Also thanks for using an All Dressed Up image for our current challenge of ANYTHING GOES using an ALL DRESSED UP IMAGE. Good luck in the final draw.

    [aNNie Design Team Member for All Dressed Up Challenges] ❣️

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable cards!!! Thanks so much for participating in Crafty Catz challenge. Have a happy crafty day and good luck in the draw.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful creations Kathy! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful and pretty card. Love the combination of colours and pretty design! Thanks for joining us at All Dressed Up Stamps Challenge. Hugs Neva

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those projects are beautiful! Thank you for play with us at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge blog. Good luck with your entry.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the Christmas Crafts All Year Challenge this time and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!