Friday, April 24, 2020

A Trio Of Cards

It’s Friday, so time for another challenge at QKR Stampede!  Stop by the challenge, which is always “Anything Goes” and several prizes are awarded. Maybe you’ll be inspired to enter a card or two yourself? This week I decided to make a card that highlights a wonderful Eureka Digital Stamp sentiment, “Beary Special.” I made this card for a friend's little girl, so of course, I had to use her favorite color which is… you guessed it- PINK!
I am entering this card into several challenges, including Bugaboo's Stella Says Sketch (I did flip the sketch, but kept all the key ingredients.) 
 
Supplies: 
·    Front Sentiment- Eureka Digital Stamp (Beary Special)
·    Little Bear Stickers- Recollections (from my stash)
·    Assorted background papers and sheer pink ribbon from my stash
Entered into:  
Bugaboo Stamp- Stella Says Sketch Challenge #808                             
Di’s Digi Stamps- Pretty In Pastels                                                            
Cute As A Button- #55 Anything Goes + (Option) Baby Blue or Pretty Pink
Outlawz Challenge- Crash Your Stash- Ribbon                                      

Back in the late 90’s when a friend and I owned a stamp store in South Dakota, a wonderful company named Northwoods Rubber Stamps was one of our bestselling companies. We loved their intricately detailed stamps and especially their wildlife images and sentiment stamps. This owl image has been one of my favorites to color these last few decades. (I was excited to find that the company is still in business. You can find them HERE.) I stamped the owl image onto kraft cardstock and tore the edges for a rustic touch. A bit of coloring, wood grain paper, die-cut foliage and a humorous sentiment pull the card together.
 
Supplies: 
·  Image- Northwoods Rubber Stamps (retired image)  
·  Sentiments-Computer Generated
·  Colored with Aquarelle Watercolor pencils, Tombow Watercolor markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·  Assorted background papers from my stash
·  Fancy Foliage Dies- Spellbinders Our Daily Bread Designs
Entered into:  
The Sisterhood of Crafters- Happy Birthday Or Fancy Fold Or Both
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays                                                       
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- April                                

I wanted to make a card with a Victorian feeling to enter into the Outlawz Saturday challenge named “Romantic Garden.”  I dug through my stash and found a few sheets of white embossed stationary that reminds me of delicate clothing adorned with Battenburg Lace. The addition of a pretty sentiment circle and plus some flowers and leaves fussy-cut from patterned scrapbook paper finished the lovely card.  I crafted the card to resemble a letter, perhaps an invitation to a Garden Party?  I made my card to resemble an invitation to a romantic garden party... for two! Sounds really nice during this time of uncertainty! I would love to one day have a big flower garden. For now, I am thrilled to have a few patches of dirt in front of our apartment where two kinds of flowers spring to life as soon as the snow melts and before I can even weed the area. I'm not sure what they are... but I do love them! 
Supplies: 
·  Front Sentiment- Romantic Sentiments Set from JustRite Stampers (no longer in business)
·  White embossed stationery and assorted background papers from my stash
Entered into:  
Outlawz Challenge- Saturday Paper Ala Mode- Romantic Garden         
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Flower Power                                                 
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #436-437 Anything Goes                   

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful gate fold birthday card! Love the sentiments! LOL Thank you for playing with us at the Sisterhood of Crafters and hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy your cards are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your last card that resembles a beautifully crafted envelope. Hope you are well and safe. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It' so cute card! Thank for playing with us at Di's Digi challenge.
    Nathalie DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely project Kathy. Thank you so much for joining us at Cute as a Button Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Wendy Batchen DT for https://cuteasabuttonchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!