Thursday, May 18, 2023

myasperations 5-18-23

I love my blogging friends and artists. Thanks to those who have recently reached out to me with concern as I’ve not been blogging as often as I’d like. So far in 2023, life has included family health issues and an exhausting work schedule. My mind and heart have grown weary. So, after discussions with my sweet hubby and wonderful boss, I've decided to make a life change. Over the next few months, I will step down from being a department manager at the agency where I work. This means that I'll no longer be responsible for writing grants, keeping up with scores of required reports, supervising five staff members, and managing annual program budgets totaling nearly $400,000! Instead, after my agency recruits and hires a person for the management position, I will train that person and then happily join the amazing team of prevention staff that I've supervised for several years. Together, we’ll provide education, resources, and support for students, parents, school staff, agency clients, and others directly impacted by substance use or mental health-related issues.  This change in my work schedule should allow me to spend precious time with my hubby, who is in the final stage of MS, plus allow more time for therapy sessions (in my craft room!) So, stay tuned! 

Last year I was introduced to a wonderful line of stamps and digis when a stamping friend gave me a gift card for Sweet November Stamps. I started building a collection of their beautiful images and am glad that I now have a few of their cute mermaids so I can create a few cards to enter into the Friends of Sweet November FB challenge during this month of “MerMay”! My goal was to spend some time every day this month, coloring and creating, and have been successful at that! I have a few days off and hope to get many of them posted. Here is the first- a shaker card with sparkle and bling!  So… be prepared for some fun undersea fantasy coming your way!
(PS- I used to struggle with static electricity causing shaker items, especially sequins and glitter, to stick to the acetate. To avoid this, or at least lessen the impact, gently wipe the inside of the acetate scrap with a dryer sheet. Easy Peasy!)
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Sweet November-(Capri with reflection)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Clouds created with shades of blue decorative chalks, a cloud template cut from a cardboard scrap, and a makeup sponge.

·   Sentiments from my stash of freebies (contact me if you’d like the source)

·   Shaker card instructions- lots available on Pinterest. I like THIS ONE

·   Stickles- Diamonds

·   Stripe stencil, ink pad. ink sponge, shaker card bling and foam tape and other items from my stash.

·   Patterned paper (weathered wood frame) from my scrapbook stash.

Entered into: 
Friends of Sweet November (FB) (MerMay) 
Friends of Sweet November (FB) May Challenge  
Cupcake Inspirations- #568 Theme Challenge (Mermaids) 
Di’s Digi Stamps- Polka Dots and/or Stripes
The Paper Shelter- #554 Embellishment
Gem of a Challenge- Gem of a Challenge- Week #10 AG             
Patties Challenge- Anything Goes (May #206)

Moving inland from the sea, the fantasy continues with a sweet little fairy and her flutterby friend! This card was created for the Butterfly Challenge, which is one of my favorites that I try to regularly enter. This card includes all three of the required colors: Persimmon (in the butterfly wings), Pistachio (leaves), and Pale Pink (flowers and background), plus one of the themes: Butterfly.
I’m entering this card into several other challenges including Outlawz Tuesday color challenge (it includes a bit of all of the colors, and flowers, too!); and Park Hopping-My Happy Place (I love the whimsical magic of fairies, so would love to one day add a theme park in the Netherlands The Fairytale Forest at Efteling Park to my bucket list!)
Supplies: 
·   Digi- All Dressed Up (Flower Dreams)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Butterfly Stickers- Hobby Lobby

·   Front Sentiment “Hi there my Friend”- Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Paw Prints)

·   Inside Sentiment from my stash of freebies (contact me if you’d like the source)

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
All Dressed Up- #140 Anything Goes (May)
All Dressed Up FB Challenge- May (Flower Power)                     
Papercraft Challenges- Challenge #94- Things with Wings
Passion for Markers Challenge- Week #690 Add a Sentiment
Double D’s Challenge- Flowers   
The Four Seasons Challenge- Spring (May 
Path Of Positivity Challenge- Challenge #112 (Twist-Inspired by Nature (Photo)
TRIPLE B Challenge (Birds, Butterflies or Blooms)- May   
Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color Challenge   
Outlawz Challenge- May 2023 Linky

This final card was created as a surprise for a friend whose stepfather has been a truck driver for WalMart for many years. He is in their “million-mile” club… working his way toward two million! And this weekend he is competing in a national truckers contest being held here in Wisconsin. My friend, Kelly, and her family will all be there to cheer him on… so I just had to make a card that she and his “little Grands” can sign and present to him. Kelly especially liked the addition of the sparkly star stickers and wispy exhaust from the smoke stack (or whatever it’s called on a semi!) I love making specialty cards for special events/celebrations like this. 
I’m entering this card into several other challenges including Snippets (one of my favorite challenges that helps me to use up all the bits and pieces of treasured papers and other supplies.) For this card, I used a scrap of cloudy sky stationery, acetate to create “windows” in the semi, and fluff of cotton from an aspirin bottle to create exhaust. I also googled to find a photo of a WalMart truck, copied and printed the sign and logo onto a scrap of copy paper (that I actually pulled from the trash can near our printer!) Yay to upcycling!
Supplies: 

·   Image and sentiments from Beccy’s Place Clear Stamp Set (The Long Haul)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura white and silver gel pens

·   Rhinestone hearts, star stickers, patterned paper, and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Beccy’s Place Challenge-May
      Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place (sponsor), I’m entering just for fun!
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge- Celebrate (Non Holiday) 
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Love)
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #595-596 Anything Goes   
Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG #254
Allsorts Challenge- Week 728: AG   (Option- Embellish It)
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week #19 AG                                          
Jan’s Digi Stamps- May 2023 Anything Goes    
Snippets- Week #454

34 comments:

  1. A fun card, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your life changing decision! I made a similar decision 4 years ago and haven't regretted a minute of it. There's nothing sweeter than peace of mind and a stress free life.
    Now, your Trucker card is wonderful, the wispy smoke is so clever and I'm certain he will love it. Thanks for sharing with us at the Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your adorably cute fairy is as sweet as can be!! Good luck with your next chapter in life!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons, Double D, Triple B and The Sisterhood!
    Diane FS , Dd, TB Co-Owner and TSH DT
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Four Seasons}
    {Triple B}
    {Stencil Fun}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  5. That little fairy is so delightful! Wonderful colors and backgrounds! On a personal note, so sorry to hear of your life situations. I'm sure you will be missed in your current position but very much appreciated in the future one! I also know your guy will love having more time with you! Take care and thanks for sharing with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH! Cathy, I hope taking a step back will help you and you have lots more time with hubby. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Your cards are just fabulous, and I love the stories with each one too. Good luck to the truck driver, nearly 2 million miles WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Kathy, I am sorry for all that you and your hubby are going through. It sounds like your life decision is a very wise one. Your card is truly beautiful. Thank you for sharing your card with us on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Good luck, and enjoy your day. Lori - DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope everything works out well for you with your life changing decisions.
    Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week with your fun card. Good luck!
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great collection of cards Kathy - I especially like your snippets card. Really made me smile. I agree with the other friends on here - your life changing decisions are undoubtedly wise. They say that life isn't a rehearsal and you should savour every moment you can. Wishing you luck as well as happiness rather than stress in the workplace.

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Kathy, your cards are all just awesome but that sweet little gal has certainly caught my eye! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    Owner
    Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    PS ... thanks for also sharing this cutie with us over on our Double D, Triple B and Four Seasons challenges ... good luck! Also congrats on conquering that difficult decision ... I'll pray this next chapter is awesome for you & your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wholeheartedly agree with all the good wishes to you with your life changing decisions. Wishing you all the best for the future.

    Three great cards here. Thanks for adding the third one as your Snippets Playground homework. I think you deserve a cocktail or two up in the Treehouse later!!! Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an array of Cards, Kathy! Great Job! Thank you for sharing your talents with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Looking forward to seeing you each month for a new challenge. Good Luck!
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Kathy, life is so hard sometimes. My family is going through a lot now too. I feel for you! Crafting is such a great stress reliever. Your card is so pretty! I always love seeing your creations! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at Cupcake Inspiration Challenges. We hope you will continue to do so!
    Sandy, CIC DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, pull back from being over-extended and spend as much time as you can with your dear Hubby! (((hugs))) Change can be good for the soul! (and heart and mind and body!) Pretty cards. Love the sweet little girl with the posies in her hair, just lovely! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Flowers Challenge. Donna, DT Member.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your mermaid card is fantastic Kathy, you've coloured the image beautifully. I love that old wood frame you added, it looks at though it's been aged by the sea.
    The butterfly card is so sweet... great idea to add the butterfly to a piece of acetate so that it's "fluttering" around the card. The little fairy is adorable too.
    Your last card is a hoot! How fabulous to create such a wonderful, customised card for a friend's Dad... I'm sure he's going to love it! And a big "YAY" to upcycling from me too!
    Cheers,
    Beccy
    P.S. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the work transition is nice and smooth for all of you Kathy, I'm sure it will be a weight off your shoulders. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cards are so fun! Thanks for playing along with The Outlawz Monday Greetings Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a fantastic set of cards and all of them beautifully coloured! Great designs and lovely sentiments too! Thanks so much for joining in with my challenge this week at Passion for Markers. Hugs, Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your Fairy card is adorable - as well as the others! Thank you for sharing with us on All Dressed Up, Pam, DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fun card for a truck driver. Thank you for entering the Anything Goes Challenge at Jan's Digi Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your fairy is so adorable! Lovely creation and works perfectly for our ‘things with wings’ theme. Hoping life gets more balanced for you now the wheels are in motion with your career change. Thanks for joining in at Papercraft Challenges. X

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a pretty card Kathy. The image is so sweet and your colouring is perfect. Loving the gorgeous background too. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x
    Thinking of you and hubby and hope that you can spend more time together x x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful image and the card is great, nicely coloring too, thanks for playing our Mermaid Challenge at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge, have a great day!

    Leanne DT Member/CIC

    ReplyDelete
  23. So many cute creations!! Thank you for joining us at Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge!
    Hugs,
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous card Kathy. I love how you have coloured her. Good luck with your life changing decision. I am so glad I am out of the rat race now and have time to enjoy the butterfly garden. Thankyou for coming and playing along in my challenge. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you so much for entering the Tuesdays Color challenge at https://theoutlawzchallenges-tuesday.blogspot.com/ this week. Looking forward to seeing you again in our next inspiring Color Challenge.

    Happy crafting,

    Angela

    Tuesdays Color DT



    https://outlawzchallenges.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. So cute! Thanks so much for joining us this month at The Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge!

    lovies, =o) kel
    TOL Tuesday Color DT

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your card Kathy, thanks for joining the Festive Friday challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful card!! And congrats on your life change! Thanks so much for participating in our LIL PATCH OF CRAFTY FRIENDS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  29. Kathy, thank you for joining the colour challenge at The Outlawz with your amazing card. I love the colouring. Good luck with the changes in your work. take care. xxx Ursula

    ReplyDelete
  30. Really fun group of cards, Kathy. The Wal-Mart truck caught my eye. I'm from SW Missouri and Wal-Mart has always been part of my life. I'm so happy for your upcoming career change. How blessed to have a great support group at work and home!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very cute mermaid card. Thanks for joining us at Pattie's Creations. Maggie, DT

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lovely Fairy card Kathy! Thanks so much for entering our May Color Challenge at The Outlawz Challenges
    (Hugs) Cara
    The Outlawz Color Challenges.
    My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  33. Lovely card Kathy. I like the vintage feel to it. Thank you for entering the Inspired by Nature Challenge at Path of Positivity.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Katy thanks for joining us at ALL DRESSED UP CHALLENGE with your beautiful card

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!