Wednesday, February 8, 2023

myasperations 2-8-23

     I am honored to have served as a Guest Designer for Beccy Muir at Beccy’s Place and am now one of her “Contributors” (which means that she provides me with digis or clear stamp sets several times a year and I get to create cards or other items with them!) It is always fun to see the images Beccy invites me to use.  This time, the digi and sentiments are all from a just released set named “LaFemme.”
     I love that Beccy names each of her characters, and they usually each possess their own unique personalities. The beautiful woman on this card is named “Bella”! The fact that it looks like Bella’s dress and hair are whipping in the wind inspired the background for my card. I used an upcycled calendar page that features what looks like a tempest at sea. While facing the churning waves and clouds, Bella turns her eyes to the heavens. I recognize that stance, as I have held it many, many times as I faced "storms" in my life- physically, emotionally and mentally. Yet, when feeling alone and powerless, the “Faith over Fear” sentiment  provides an answer to the question, “Where does my help come from?” For me, the answer is found in Psalm 21, “My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.”  The inside of my card features two other sentiments from the set that I combined to create one powerful statement. (The calendar photo I used here reflects a totally different feeling than the one on the card front. Faith and spending time in quiet/rest can lead to a beautiful and calming sense of peace. Amen and Amen!)
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Outlawz Sunday (the poem from Wm Wordsworth mentions clouds and waves), Allsorts: I love… and The Paper Shelter: Something You Love (I love the many promises made by the Maker of heaven and earth to His children!) 
Supplies:
·   Digi and Sentiments- Beccy’s Place Digi Set (La Femme)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Upcycled calendar pages

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Outlawz Sunday Challenge- Wm Wordsworth   
Outlawz Challenge- February 2023 Linky
The Paper Shelter- #540 Something You Love
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #581-582 Anything Goes   
Jan’s Digi Stamps- February 2023 Anything Goes    

I was so happy earlier this year when Power Poppy started offering challenges again. The theme for the current challenge is “Clean Slate.” Since CAS cards are… well… challenging for me, I'm getting a late start on entering a card into the challenge. I finally opted for a simple and sweet card (as in Cookies) with a fun/snarky sentiment! I always like printing gingerbread cookies on kraft paper, as I think that base gives a bit of crunchy depth to the finished cookies. Adding textured frosting with 3-D paint adds texture and nice, bold contrast. Yummy good! 
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Power Poppy Digital Stamp Set  (Gingerbread Family)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Scribbles Shiny White 3-D Paint- JoAnne’s Fabrics 

·   Sentiments- Computer Generated

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Power Poppy- The Blossom Challenge- Clean Slate     
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday Christmas
Gem of a Challenge- Week #3 Anything Goes                                

One of my favorite challenges is the Butterfly Challenge, partly because the talented and generous sponsor provides easy-to-follow instructions for making a creative fold card each time. I usually try my hand at the featured fold, but I’ve been working on grant writing the past few weeks, and think I need to few more "little gray cells" to do anything with more than two steps right now! So… I used what I had on hand and/or knew how to easily complete! My card features three of the required colors Denim Blue (background paper), Dairy Cream (ribbon and delicate butterflies), and Damson (a shade of burgundy in the flowers) plus two of the themes- Die Cut and Butterfly.
I’m entering this card into several other challenges including Incy Wincy Designs (the flowers fit within the “in the garden” theme), Outlawz Challenge Twisted Thursday, TicTacToe: diagonal from upper left- pink (mulberry paper glued with spray adhesive onto white cardstock for strength), flowers, and ribbon.
Supplies: 
·   Floral image- Rubber Stamp from PSX (Company is no longer in business)

·   Glitter Gold embossing powder on Gold Pigment Ink.

·   Front Sentiment- Sticker from Hobby Lobby

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Double Medallion Die- Spellbinders (no longer available)

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Outlawz Challenge- Twisted Thursday Anything Goes (Twist-TicTacToe) 
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week #5 Anything Goes                        
        Since I’m a DT for QKR/Stamp On It (one of the sponsors), please don’t include me in the draw for their prize! 

16 comments:

  1. Wonderful card creations, Kathy, and beautifully colored! How nice to see your creation at Jan’s Digi Stamp Challenges . Thanks for the inspiration, and I hope to see more of your designs soon.
    Crafting Smiles,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are really lovely images and a pretty at Allsorts using one, many thanks for joining us this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an interesting layout. A very unique design you have created. Thank-you for joining us at The Paper Shelter for our SOMETHING YOU LOVE CHALLENGE and good luck with your entry.
    DT Nicola (Amethyst Lily Designs )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another wonderful set of cards Kathy! Thanks for playing along at the Paper Funday Challenge and we hope you'll play again soon.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pretty card has a Japanese look to it which I love. The next challenge is very easy I promise. Just 3 score lines!! Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your creative and unique card, Kathy! Beautifully done. So glad you joined our "Something You Love" challenge on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Good luck to you, and hope to see you again. Hugs, Lori - DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card Kathy and a wonderful way to share your faith. Thanks so much for entering our Sunday Song & Rhyme Challenge at The Outlawz Challenges.
    Cara, The Sunday Song & Rhyme Challenge Design Team
    My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kathy, you have created such stunning cards and I love the sentiment on your challenge card. Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Shelter Challenge. I hope we'll see you again soon. Patsy DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely work, Thank you for joining the challenge at The Outlawz Sunday Songs and Rhymes and The Paper Shelter, Hope to see you again,

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great project! Thanks for joining in with a Polkadoodles Challenge. Donna P (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute project. Great thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs Challenges.
    Wish you good luck and hope to see you soon.
    Hugs
    Danka
    Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your first card with Beccy's image. Great card! Thanks for joining us on Jan's Digi Stamp Challenge~ Pam, DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely set of cards - especially the first. Thanks for sharing with Outlawz Sunday Songs and Rhymes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a lovely card! Gorgeous ribbon and flowers! Thanks for playing Tic, Tac, Toe with us at Twisted Thursday! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautifully put together card - so elegant.

    Thanks for joining us at the Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!