Tuesday, June 15, 2021

myasperations 6-15-21

It’s the fifteenth of the month which means it’s time for a QKR Stampede challenge where the theme is always “Anything Goes” and several prizes are awarded. Stop by and maybe you’ll be inspired to enter a card or two yourself?
My DT card features a digi image that was fun to embellish with real pheasant feathers (from years ago when my sweet hubby and our Brittany Spaniel spent many a fall day out chasing fuzzies across the cornfields in South Dakota.)  I like the way a simple torn paper edging can add a rustic feeling to a card. The fish embellishment on the inside of the card was fussy-cut from patterned paper.
                                      

                                           
Supplies: 
·   Digi- QKR Digital Stamp (Fishing Fly) Also available in unmounted or cling-mounted
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white & silver gel pens
·   Sentiments- Computer Generated

·   Stickles- Star Dust (on wings.)

·   Water ripple and fish papers from Hobby Lobby.
·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- June                       
Digi Doodle Studios- #39 Boys to Men (Male themed)
Incy Wincy Designs- For the Men And/Or Use Kraft Card Or Paper 

One of my favorite monthly challenges is called the "Twofer Card Challenge" which requires the use of the exact same stamp or die to make two cards with distinctly different designs for two different occasions. The current Challenge is "Sunshine.” I have one stamp from my Stampscapes collection that would work, so I put it to use.
Supplies: 
·   Rubber Stamp- Stampscapes (Cloud with Sun-Lg.)
Entered into: 
Twofer Card Challenge#39 Sunshine

My first card features two stamps-Cloud with Sun and Cloud Bar stamp, both inked with blue dye ink. The sun and fluffy tops of the clouds were colored with chalks and a white gel pen. The adventurous balloon holder was colored, fussy-cut, and adhered to the card with foam tape. The balloons and inside sentiment (upcycled from a card my hubby received on his recent 65th birthday) are adhered with foam tape. 
Supplies: 
·   Rubber Stamp- Stampscapes (Cloud with Sun-Lg.)

·   Rubber Stamp- Stampscapes (Cloud Bar)

·   Digi -Eureka Digital Stamp (Boy Balloon Holder) Also available in unmounted or cling-mounted
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen 

·   Blue Inkpad and sunshine shades of chalk

·   Balloons and Inside Sentiment- Upcycled from a birthday card

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Cute Card Thursday- Challenge 689- Anything Goes
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week #24 Anything Goes                     
Di’s Digi Stamps- For a Child

For my second card, I attempted to create a sunrise scene… but ran into more mistakes than I can count. The main ones were that I sponged the sunrise colors on too thickly, almost obscuring the suns’ rays. So… I tried to highlight them with a white gel pen. Meh. I then added color and highlights to the clouds with chalks, a white gel pen, and even a light sponging of white craft ink. Together they decreased my Meh a bit!  I then tackled the “Lake” portion of the scene, but my work didn’t look at all rippley… just muddy! Torn strips of vellum adhered on top of the muddy water was an improvement, especially when I cut a frame into the front of an A2 card, and slid the scene under it. Better, but it needed something. Remembering a heron digi in my collection from Beccy’s Place, I printed, fussy-cut, and slipped it into the corner of the scene.  Suddenly, I beheld an almost serene scene!  Added a few sentiments and ta-da. (Or, with this card, I pretty much sighed and said “Ta DONE!”)                                         
Supplies:
·   Rubber Stamp- Stampscapes (Cloud with Sun-Lg)

·   Rubber Stamp- Stampscapes (Lakeside Cabin)

·   Sky created with Ink sponge, assorted dye ink pads, a white craft ink pad and chalks.

·   Trees and cabin stamped with black ink. Sun stamped with orange ink. All colored with chalks and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment- Hello Sunshine is from Beccy’s Place digital set (Hello Sunshine)

·   Heron Digi- From Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Wetlands) Retired

·   Inside sentiment- Eureka Digital Stamp (Loving Ways) Also available in unmounted or cling-mounted

·   All other items from my stash

Entered into:  
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge- Anything Goes
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #495-496 Anything Goes 
2craftycrittercrazies Challenge- June 2021                                    
        Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place (sponsor), I’m entering just for fun! 

7 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy your cards are gorgeous. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Kathy, Stunning design and lovely use of colours here.. . Many thanks for your entry at Polkadoodles Challenge Look forward to see you enter our next challenge. aNNie DT Member
    https://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com/{My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. All cards are so beautiful!
    Thanks for linking up at Polkadoodles Anything goes card making and crafting challenge – Week 24.
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific Twofer, Kathy! Your birthday balloon card just screams FUN with that happy kid hanging on and having the time of his life! And your background clouds and sun have the most amazing texture! Your scene card is truly frameable after all that effort. I'm glad you persevered because it turned out beautifully. I would never have know your struggles by looking at it! Thank you for playing in TCC #39! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this freckle faced young man with his balloons, Kathy! It's so festive and fun! Your water scene is beautiful! No meh at all! Thanks for sharing with us at The Twofer Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a happy, sunny and fantastic balloon card, Kathy ... it's so full of energy and fun! Your sunrise over the lake is beautifully atmospheric ... it might have been a labour of love, but you captured the sense of nature and wildness wonderfully! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. so nice!
    Thank you for joining in Digi Doodle Studio challenge!
    Hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!