Monday, June 14, 2021

myasperations 6-14-21

Last month, I won a challenge at Scribbles and picked this sweet digi as my prize. I paired Carl with a fun sentiment (a freebie!) and highlighted his playful pose with an easel fold card. The finishing touch was a lip print that I fussy-cut from a business card for my favorite hair salon/spa. Isn’t it the perfect embellie?   
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Scribbles Designs current challenge- (In honor of their 100th challenge, they provided a listing of items with point values. My card features the  following items to reach 100: Patterned Paper-20 pts (2 @ 10 pts-stiped and plaid), Solid Paper-10 pts (base), Frame-10 pts (2 @ 5 pts around Carl and around sentiment), Cardstock-5 pts (base), Digi Image-10 pts, Used Ink- 5 pts (white gel pen), Sentiment-5 pts, Spectrum Noir Markers- 5 pts, Matting-4 pts (2 @ 2 pts= behind Carl and behind sentiment), Other embellies-1 pt (lips)
An added note- When I shared this card with my hubby, he laughed and said, "Kath, only you would create a 'horny toad' Christmas card!"
Supplies: 
·    Digi- Scribbles Designs (Carl Heart You)  
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Easel Card- Instructions found HERE  
·   Inside Sentiment- Freebie from LoveSVG. [I signed up for their newsletter and get notices of freebies on a regular basis. They are so fun to use on my cards!) 
·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Scribbles Designs Challenge- #100 Add It Up
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday  
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week #24 Anything Goes 
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge- #546 AG 
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- June  
Cute Card Thursday- Challenge 689- Anything Goes

I recently made a card using this pretty wood-mount hydrangea stamp I’ve had for a few decades. I decided to use it to make my final card for this month’s Butterfly Challenge. Once again, I used a stamping technique named “Marker stamping” that involves using a bold stamp and large juicy markers to apply ink directly on the stamps. I also used a few paper doilies, cut in half, as a mask/stencil,  and attached them along the base of a 4¼ by 11½ strip of cardstock with a bit of repositionable adhesive. I colored the hydrangea with purple and green Marvy markers, stamping them over the edge of the “masks.” To add more fullness to the flowers I stamped each bunch a second time before coloring them with fresh ink. When finished, I sponged a big of grey ink along the lacy tops of the doilies, allowing their intricate pattern to show through. I folded the card into a bridge fold card, then trimmed the tops of the flower bunches, and added the sentiment across the “bridge.” The final touch was to add puffy butterfly stickers, with several attached to strips of acetate taped to the bridge base, allowing them to hover above the sentiment!
My card includes the following requirements for the current Butterfly Challenge: one theme (a butterfly, actually a whole bunch of ‘em!) and one color (one of the butterflies is a pretty New Your Pink.) I'm also entering this card into several challenges including Simon Says Create a Scene (I think I’ve provided a nice scene complete with numerous butterflies) plus 2craftycrittercrazies (I consider butterflies to be critters) and Beccy’s Place Challenge (the sentiment is from one of Beccy’s many amazing sets!) 
Supplies: 
·   Wood Mount Stamp- Rubber Stampede’s Hydrangea (Company no longer in business)
·   Colored with large Marvy Markers (purple and green)
·   Details added with a grey stamp pad (sponged on edging and lacy sections of doily masks)
·   Bridge Fold Card- Instructions found HERE  
·   Sentiment- “I couldn’t have picked a better friend” from Beccy’s Place digital set (Azaleas
·   Puffy Butterfly Stickers and all other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Butterfly Challenge- #15 Napkin Fold 
Bugaboo Stamps- June Week 1 Anything Goes  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #495-496 Anything Goes                   
        Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place (sponsor), I’m entering just for fun!
        Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun! 

I needed a masculine card for a relative who loves the outdoors and knew he’d like this Wood Duck. (They are such beautiful birds and really do have this striking color combo.) I used wood-mount stamps I’ve had for several decades and assorted tools and items from my stash to create it. A torn edging is so easy to do and adds a wonderful rustic touch to the paper. I also provided a close-up of the duck to show how much a white gel pen adds to bring out the whites and add highlights to the rippling water.  It really is one of my favorite tools!  
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Outlawz Sunday- By The Sea (one of the lines reads “We will duck or swim, and we’ll float....” I took the line literally and my card includes a duck that swims and floats!) and Outlawz-Tuesday (like the inspiration photo, my card has a rustic feeling, and includes the colors green, tan and brown.)              
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Wood Duck from PSX (Company no longer in business)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Front Sentiment- “Happy Birthday” from a retired Stampin’ Up sentiment set
·   Inside Sentiment- Computer Generated
·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Incy Wincy Designs- For the Men And/Or Use Kraft Card Or Paper 
 Lil Patch of Crafty Friends- #159 Anything Goes
Digi Doodle Studios- #39 Boys to Men (Male themed) 
Outlawz Sunday Challenge- By The Sea
Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color Challenge                              
        Since I’m a DT for Eureka/Stamp On It (sponsor), I’m entering just for fun!

14 comments:

  1. You have saved the best till last. I love this card.Thankyou for coming and playing in the butterfly garden again. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the "horny toad" card Kathy, and your hubby's comic description! The kiss is definitely a great addition and works perfectly with the fabulous sentiment you added.
    Your second card is gorgeous, I love all the stamping you've done to achieve such great depth. Using the doilies as a mask was a wonderful idea, the edging is so pretty. Love the fold too.
    The wood duck stamp is awesome Kathy, and your colouring is fantastic! You wield that white pen like a marvel! The torn edge is a nice touch and adds lots of texture as well as that great rustic touch. Love it!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such an unusual and fun Christmas card, Kathy and I love your husband's comment.
    Great fold on your second card with the butterflies, so pretty.
    And your wood duck card is fabulous and I'm sure the recipient will love it. I saw a wood duck for the first time in the wild just the other week when out cycling. I had to look at the info board by the pond to see what kind of duck it was. And you're right, they are very striking!
    Thanks for playing with us at The Outlawz Colour Challenge!
    Jacqui
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun card!
    Thanks for linking up at Polkadoodles Anything goes card making and crafting challenge – Week 24.
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Carl and your card is fabulous, what a great way to showcase him. Thanks for sharing with us at Incy Wincy men or Kraft challenge, have a great week. CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great series of beautiful cards are shown.
    Thanks for joining the AG challenge at Catch the Bug.
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards, but I'm here for your clever butterfly card, it's really beautiful. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies this week. Good Luck and I’m looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
    Faith A DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your masculine card is so beautiful, Kathy! I agree with your thoughts on the white gel pen. You've used it perfectly to enhance your lovely image. Love the sentiment font and your torn edges. Thanks for sharing this with us at Digi Doodle Studios!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at the CHNC Christmas Weekly this week for our Anything Goes, optional Non Traditional Colours challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That toad project is hilarious!
    Thank you for joining Catch the Bug!
    Hugs from Africa!
    OlgaB

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like ducks for masculine cards and this is a particularly stunning one Kathy. Great card for a male. Thank you for entering the For Men or Kraft Challenge at Incy Wincy Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are all fabulous projects! The frog makes me chuckle, I like that one!

    Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends! I hope you will play along again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us for Week 24 at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. great cards!
    Thank you for joining in Digi Doodle Studio challenge!
    Hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!