Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Chocolate, Coffee & a Butterfly

Last weeks challenge at wecraftcards was to make a wreath out of individual stamps. Since mostly use digi images these days, I wasn’t sure what I’d make. But digging through my stamps I found two wood mount cookie stamps that I’ve had for a few decades. (They were made by a sweet couple in my hometown. After they retired, they started a rubber stamp business in their basement and sold them at craft fairs across the Midwest. I designed several images for them to make into stamps… and these cookies were two of those images. It was so fun to play with them… but it made me really hungry for cookies! I cannot find the source of the sentiment on the front right now but will add that info here when I do stumble upon it. Since I have thousands of digis in hundreds of folders on my laptop… sometimes I can’t locate them by name. However, I do know that the sentiment on the inside is from a Tiddly Inks digi set named Cookie Bugg and Extras. (You can find it HERE for just $1.50!)
Am entering this into several challenges including Outlawz Color Inspiration (photo), 
  
 
Entered into:  
Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color Challenge 
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends- #117 Anything Goes
Cute As A Button-#50 Anything Goes   Optional Twist- Thankful for You
Let’s Craft and Create- #153 Anything Goes (Nov option- Thank You/Thankful)

I love when the Coffee Lovers hosts a Blog Hop as they always have a ton of great prizes! Their current Fall/Winter Blog Hop has an amazing number of sponsors this year. So… I’m glad I finally found some time to make some cards. This is my second entry. I hope to get more made and entered in the next few days. The image is a free digi from Dearie Dolls named Coffee Chef. You can find this handsome guy HERE.  The wonderful sentiment is computer generated, but I found it on one of my favorite FB pages named Sweatpants And Coffee. Stop by to enjoy regular servings of inspiration, humor and also fun coffee sayings… and be prepared to giggle and/or say “Awwwww.”
 
Entered into:  
Coffee Lovers Blog Hop- Fall/Winter 2019
Lemon Shortbread Challenge- Anything Goes #106
Bugaboo Stamps- Anything Goes
Crafty Catz Challenge- Anything Goes #481  
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- Nov                                  

My last card this posting was created for the wonderful Butterfly Challenge. It meets a few of the requirements for the challenge- one Color (olive green in the leaves) and two Themes (A butterfly, which also happens to be one extra embellishment!) Called a "Hidden Message Card" it features an unusual but fairly simple fold technique that I found HERE.  The roses and leaves are stamped with two solid Posh Impression wood-mount stamps, the Butterfly is a sticker from Hobby Lobby, and the sentiments are computer-generated. I sketched and attached a small instruction card that explains how to "open" the cards many layers.
  
Entered into
Butterfly Challenge- #131 O is for One Layer Card           
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge-Thinking of You                              
2craftycrittercrazies Challenge- #32                                                      

21 comments:

  1. I love your cute coffee card. Yup! I like those magic beans too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute coffee card. Perfect for the hop

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute little chef on your fun coffee card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all three cards! Super fun! Thanks for joining us and good luck with with your entry!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all super cute! Love that little chef!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am smiling at your coffee card! Love that sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for joining us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies, Good luck in the challenge and hope to see you again next time!
    Ine (DT) http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the coffee card, the sentiment is brilliant! Thanks for sharing at Catch the Bug.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kathy your cards are stunning I love them all. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. thats so nice!
    Hello from Coffee Lovers blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a really nifty card shape which is new to me. Just watched the video which is brilliant. Thanks for the link to it. Love the card you have designed with it. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card, I love the sentiment, perfect friendship card. Thanks for joining us at 'Lets Craft and Create' Jonnece DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun image and love the chef and sentiment. So glad you shared over at Crafty Catz.

    Billie A
    Crafty Catz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great set of work! Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Jackie DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another love card. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Cute as a Button Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Wendy DT Member for https://cuteasabuttonchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your cookie wreath looks good enough to eat!

    Thank you for joining us at Li’l Patch of Crafty Friends for our challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely creations! Thanks so much for participating in our LEMON SHORTBREAD challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!! *Sorry so late commenting! I’ve had a busy couple of months!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!