Sunday, August 25, 2019

Christmas and Graduation

I won these fun dies from Flora & Fauna in an Outlawz challenge a few months ago. Was fun to create an ATC (Artist Trading Card) for a current Simon Says challenge with them. The dies are of great quality and made nice clean cuts. I created the background scene with chalk, a home-made cloud template, a makeup sponge and a wood-mount Embossing Arts tree stamp. The die-cut reindeer VW Bug went together really quickly with a few touches of silver marker and silver gel pen, and a scrap of white paper taped beneath each “headlight.” A few more scraps of paper, twine and ribbon helped to create gifts. Oh… and you can’t see it on the pic, but I also added a strip of acetate for the windshield. When the VW was fully decorated I attached it to the ATC with foam tape to give it a bit of depth. (I often make ATCs when I have time in the card or on planes. They are a great way to use small stamped images, stickers, die cuts and other embellishments. Then when I need a quick card or tag, I first check my ATC stash to see if I have any that will work. And… if I’m ever invited to do any real trading, I’ll be prepared with an assortment!)   
Entered into: 
Simon Says Monday Challenge- Artist trading cards 
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays                                                       
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge- #452 Anything Goes                 

This weeks challenge at the wecraftscard Forum was to create a double tag card. This was a new fold for me and I was amazed how easy it was to make. (You can find the tutorial HERE.) I wanted to make an A2 sized card, so started with a slightly smaller 9-inch circle. This is larger than any of my dies or template, so I visited my pantry and found that one of my mixing bowls is the perfect size. Used it to trace the 9-inch circle onto a piece of double-sided 12x12 scrapbook paper. The sentiment tag was made with a freebie from TLC Creations that you can find HERE. Used a fun image from The Paper Shelter named “Santa’s Family Selfie” to create the first tag (and added a magnet to the back of this fun tag so that it can be hung on a fridge or office file cabinet to add a festive bit of fun to a room!) The camera is from my scrapbooking stash. I cut the lense out and positioned it onto the card front so that Mrs. C peeks out through it! Am entering this card into several challenged including Power Poppy “One Challenge, 3 Ways” (the card includes two tags!) and Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge (includes beige, dark reds, brown and white) and Bugaboo Photo Challenge (although my card is for Christmas, not summer like the photo, it does have all the colors of watermelon- red, two colors of green and black!)
 
 
 

Entered into: 
We Craft Cards Monday Challenge- What’s In Your Pocket?
The Paper Shelter- #394 Face It 
Di’s Digi Stamps Ribbon and/or Bows                                                  
Power Poppy- Creative Confetti- One Challenge, 3 Ways
Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color Challenge – 3 colors and a Twist
Bugaboo Stamps- Photo Challenge          
  
My final card for this posting includes a free digi from Gerda Steiner named “Graduation Owl” that you can find HERE. I colored the little hoot with Spectrum Noir markers and a Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen. The Subway Art with the wonderful Dr. Seuss saying is a freebie from TLC Creations that you can find HERE. (I have built up a nice collection of freebies through their newsletter. The sign up for this wonderful resource can be found a little way down in the left column of the website.) I layered the sentiment atop a square of bold striped paper. When I positioned the owl on the card, he was a bit overwhelmed by the bold stripes so I adhered him atop a circle of vellum. (I do so love my vellum stash!) The inside sentiment is from Eureka Stamps.  You can find it HERE.  I added a bit of bling with a  die-cut sparkly star on the inside, and a sprinkling of punched silver stars inside and out. 
 
Entered into: 
Gerda Steiner Designs- Share Your Designs Challenge-August             
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #400-401 Anything Goes                   
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- August           
Lemon Shortbread Challenge- Anything Goes #100

8 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy your makes are stunning. Have a great day. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Christmas project Kathy. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at The Paper Shelter. We would love to see you again ... Anet DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy a great group of cards. You are getting use out of that car die, lol. Wonderful TLC sentiment with the photo Christmas tag. You always have such a terrific variety. Think of you often and keep you in my prayers. Thanks for joining in the Catch the Bug Photo Inspiration Challenge, Lisa Lynn DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the Christmas Crafts All Year Challenge this time and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful projects. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. While I love the great double fold tag you submitted here for The Rudolph Days Challenge, i must say that I enjoyed viewing all three cards on your post. All have wonderful stamped images, and are all great cards!

    Thanks for taking part in the August Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The double tag project is beautiful, festive and fun but I also love the VW all dressed up for the holidays! Thank you so much for playing along with the August Rudolph Days Challenge.
    Linda, DT
    Rudolph Days Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!