Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Midweek Creations

It's Wednesday! So time for another challenge at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge Blog.  Penny's challenges are always Anything Goes and prizes are awarded from one or more sponsors.  Stop by the blog to check it out! (pennyschallenges.blogspot.com)
This week, I used a digi set from one of the challenge sponsors, Imagine That, named "Dachshund Party." [You can find it HERE.] I love the cute little pup and had fun putting him front and center on a Z-fold card. [You can find a tutorial for making this fold HERE.] I colored the pup with Spectrum Noir markers and a white gel pen and paper pieced his little sweater and hat. Added sentiments from the digi set, and adhered the balloon to the front sentiment, allowing it to look as if it is "floating" in space. Tied a bit of string onto the balloon and then looped it through the pups curly tail to created a bit more realism. The final touch was to add googly eyes and the card is ready to be sent on to my Brother-in-law who once had a beloved dachshund named "Rosco" that strongly resembled this cutie. 
Note- The owner of Imagine That offers a discount to people who order sets they've seen on her DT 's blogs. So... if you want to pick up this set... or any other, stop by Imagine That and go shoppin'. 
  
 
Entered into:  
Outlawz Challenge- Crash Your Stash- Googlie Eyes                                     
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays                                                                    

One of my favorite items to give as baby gifts is a book… and one that I especially love to share is named "You Are My I Love You" by Maryann Cusimano Love.  I usually make a card that includes a portion of the poem on the card itself, and this one was made for my sister's new grandbaby. [I'll site the author on the back of this card before I give it away.]  The sweet little elephant is from a Gerda Steiner clear stamp set named "Got Wild." I stamped him onto pink dotted swiss paper, and added details with a white gel pen. Layered him upon baby feet patterned paper plus a few scraps of card stock. Then added a bit more color and some texture with a grosgrain strip of pastel green ribbon. I left the inside empty so that I could write a longer note than normal as this new grandbaby is a very special, long-awaited treasure. Such a blessing.
Entered into:  
Gerda Steiner Designs- Share Your Designs Challenge-May                      
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #386-#387 Anything Goes                    
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- May                                        

My final card for this posting is for the current Butterfly Challenge that highlights the letter F. My card includes one color [French Rose], one theme [Flowers] and, of course, a butterfly. It also includes a variation of the flap fold. The flap on my card is actually a detachable bookmark! It was easy to create and allowed me to use a tool that I haven't used for a few decades-a Fiskars Perforating Blade [that I easily loaded into in my Fiskars Rotary Paper Trimmer.] The beautiful background photo is from an upcycled calendar. The scripture verse is computer generated onto vellum and trimmed with decorative scissors, another tool that has been gathering dust. I punched a hole in the top of the bookmark, inserted a jeweled brad that included a metal loop at the top. I threaded some pretty lavender ribbon through this loop to help make the bookmark functional. The little butterfly, an old wood mount stamp from Posh Impressions, was stamped with an old Kaleidacolor rainbow pad, fussy-cut and attached to the bookmark with double-stick tape. His body and antennae were then added with a black fine-point Sharpie marker. I left the inside of this card empty for now as I'm not sure how I'll use it. But I have a feeling that it will end up as a "thinking of you" type card for my 75-year-old sister-in-law who is a retired school librarian who reads several books a week. Am entering this card into several challenges including the 
Outlawz Challenges Tuesday Color Challenge [I used  Purple, pink, apricot and my twist was vellum.]
 
Entered into: 
Butterfly Challenge- #122 Letter F for Flap Fold                 
Outlawz Challenges- Songs and Rhymes- The Butterfly
Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color Challenge  [Twist= Your Choice]       

4 comments:

  1. All your cards are lovely, but I'm really loving the dog card! Thanks for including a link to the tutorial. I'll be checking that out! A truly wonderful belated card!! I also love the pink dotted elephant---so cute! and the gorgeous layered card you made for the Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge!! Stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All these cards are fabulous Kathy! The dog card with the googly eyes is such fun, I love the baby card and congrats to your sister on her new grandbaby! The butterfly, bookmark card is such a clever idea and I'm sure your sister-in-law will love it!
    Thanks for playing along at The Outlawz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always such a beautiful collection of cards...and the verse on the cute little elephant card is sooo gorgeous! Thank you for sharing with us at Craftyhazelnut's PPC XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. The butterfly stamped with the rainbow pad matches the old calendar page to perfection. Do have to say ?I love the foggy with the Googly eyes too.! Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!