Friday, May 31, 2019

Last Day of May

For this weeks QKR Stampede Challenge, my DT card features two fun QKR images [Q-digi13913 Boy in Window Digital Stamp and  Q-digi13913 Boy with Balloons Digital Stamp. You can find them HERE. ] Although a little tedious, the card actually was pretty easy to make. I made the card base by cutting a 4.5 x 11 strip of cardstock and folded it into a tri-fold card. I printed off the images, then used an Exacto knife to cut out the bottom part of the window on the Boy in Window image. I then colored the rest of the image with Spectrum Noir markers and white gel pen. After adhering a bit of patterned paper [or should I say "wall paper] onto the front of the card, I laid the colored image onto the front of an A2 card and traced the cutout section. Using the Exacto knife, I then cut through the patterned paper and front of the card. I then adhered the colored image onto the front of the card. I colored the other image and adhered it on the first flap of the card, making sure to position it so that the tennis shoes showed through correctly. [Then, after noticing that the window cutout was not perfectly aligned on the back of the card front, I cut a piece of the patterned paper used on the card front to frame the opening. You can see this in the second photo.] All of the sentiments are computer generated. I did some googling to find a Mickie Mouse saying for the front and settled on "Hot Diggety Dog!" Discovered that I could create the "talk bubble" for the sentiments in my Word program [select "Insert" then "Shapes" then "Callouts". ] Drop the shape you select into your document on top of the word/s that you want inside of the talk bubble. [Note- the bubble will cover the word, don't worry. We'll make it transparent next.] Click on the talk bubble to highlight it. Select "format" then "Shape fill" then "no fill". To change the color of the talk bubble outline, select "format" then "shape fill" then "shape outline" and click on the desired colors. Lastly, to change the size or shape of the talk bubble, just grab the outline and pull it to the correct size.  You can also adjust the talk bubble "tail" by clicking on its point and pulling it in any direction until you get the look that you desire. If you mess up, just click on the outline and click "delete." [I messed up on the "It's Your Birthday" talk bubble when cutting it out. That is why it is layered. After taking the photo I decided that I need to print and cut out a single layer version before I use the card.] The final sentiment is on the inside of the card. [I thought that the "happy, happy, happy" saying sounded like something that Mickie would say. My hubby said it sounds more like something from Duck Dynasty guys. So… I think that this card will be sent to my brother-in-law that is a fan of that show. So funny.] Am entering this card into a few challenges including Simon Says Monday Frame It Challenge [the window frame fits the requirement], and Outlawz Saturday Paper Ala Mode Around the World Challenge [I think that Mickie Mouse is recognized by people around the world, right?]


 
Entered into: 
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Anything Goes                                       
Outlawz Challenge- Saturday Paper Ala Mode- Around the World         

 This month I joined the Scrappers Delights FB Progressive Challenge and received an image named "Just for you Mum." I especially like it because the girl is holding a rose in her hands… and my sweet Mom's name was Rose. She was an amazing person, and although she moved on to her mansion in heaven 9 years ago, I think of her so often and miss her so very much. She was my stamping buddy the last few years of her life until Alzheimer's stole away her ability to color and cut… and her memories of how important crafting was to her. So… I dedicate this card to my mom. She would have loved coloring the image. And, the beautiful young girl does resemble mom as a young girl as she had dark thick hair and a gorgeous smile.  [PS You can find the image HERE and it is on sale right now.] The  inside sentiment is from a Whimsy digi set named "Vintage Sentiments." You can find it HERE [for just $3.]  
Entered into: 
Scrappers Delights Progressive Monthly Challenge- FB
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays       

My last entry in this post is also being dedicated to my sweet mom and features another rose image. This one is from an old Denami wood mounted image, embossed on vellum with fine-line black powder, and colored from the underside with Tombow markers. Fine pink and green glitter adhered to the front of the vellum with Tombow Dual Tip Permanent Multi Liquid Adhesive. The sentiment, an old Printworks wood mount, was stamped in dark green onto a scrap of paper. The paper was then torn to size and layered atop several scraps of cardstock and patterned papers onto the top of an A2 card. I attached the vellum to the A2 card front by looping a strip of sheer ribbon through two holes. [You can find instructions for this technique HERE. I made my card with a few differences. I used a horizontal orientation and instead of attaching the vellum to a postcard I attached it to an A2 card.]

Entered into: 
The Paper Shelter- #385 Flower Power
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #388-#389 Anything Goes                    


1 comment:

  1. Wow Kathy this is an amazing card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!