Wednesday, May 23, 2018

A Trio of Cards

My third and final entry into the current SumMoreFun challenge features an old Stampin' Up image. Not sure the name of the set it's from, but I know it was one of the first stamp sets I bought back in 1998 or so. (Yes, I've been stamping for nearly 3 decades!) After stamping, coloring and fussy-cutting the flag, I laminated it so that I could turn it into a pin. Before I attached a pin back to it with foam tape, I used my seldom-used crimper to add a bit of "wave" to the laminated flag. Then, I used a very small strip of foam tape to attach the flag to the card front.  Printed the sentiments (front and inside of the card) on my computer. Decided to dress up the simple "Happy 4th of July" sentiment on the inside of the card by turning it into a banner. Will be sending this card to my MIL. Am thinking she will like the addition of the pin! (Am entering this into a few challenges including Simon Says Monday Challenge "Inspired by a Song" (in this case, "America the Beautiful.")   

Entered into: 
SumMoreFun  Challenge- Mood Board                           (summorefun.com)  
Simon Says Monday Challenge- Inspired by a Song     (simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge)
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge                (craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.com)
QKR Stampede- #296 Anything Goes                              (qkrstampede.blogspot.com)

Love this new digi from Bugaboo. I made the background, using the current Bugaboo Sketch as my guide, with strips of scrapbook paper plus a scrap of patterned vellum. I printed the digi, plus one extra set of the three roses on the veil, colored the images and then fussy cut the rose trio. Traced the veil on a scrap of fine pinstripe vellum with a white gel pen and then cut it out, leaving extra vellum on the right and left edges for "tabs." With an Exacto knife I slit the image along the right and left edges of the veil colored the image, then slid the vellum under these slits and taped the tabs down on the backside.  Finished the card by adding the rose trio to the veil with foam tape and tucking a few scraps of sheer ribbon beneath the rose trio, added sticker pearls on her necklace, earring (under the "veil"), carefully attached micro-mini pearls (from Stampin' Up) along the edge of the veil and attached the bride image to the front of the card with silver photo corners. The die cut "Love" is also from Stampin' Up. This card was a bit tedious to make, but I do love the results! (Am entering this into a several challenges including Bugaboo Sketch Challenge, Art Impressions Challenge "Playing Dress Up" (I always felt that my wedding was the ultimate dress-up party!) and Di's Digi Challenge "Load on the Embellies" (two types of vellum, three sizes of pearls, silver photo corners, and sheer ribbon.)
Entered into: 
Bugaboo Stamp- Stella Says Sketch Challenge                      (catchthebugblog.blogspot.com)
Art Impressions- #232 Playing Dress Up                            (artimpressionsstamps.blogspot.com)
Di’s Digi Stamps- Load on the Embellies                            (disdigidesignschallenge.blogspot.co.uk)
We Craft Cards Wednesday Challenge-Your Choice         (wecraftcards.com/forum)

I love the Callin' All Sistahs monthly challenges. They remind me to send notes of encouragement to people I know that are living through health issues. Right now those cards go to one of my Sistahs (by birth) who is undergoing stem cell replacement transplant for Multiple Myeloma in a few weeks, and my sweet Sistah-in-law who was just diagnosed with breast cancer.  I sure love those two ladies and like reminding them of that! The "hope" die that provides the sentiment on this card is from CAS-ual Fridays. Was fun to put it to use for this challenge! I found the beautiful butterfly on a website and printed it off on vellum. (You can download a sheet of this and other colored butterflies here what-a-beautiful-mess.blogspot.com/2013/04/scraps-of-elegance.html )


Entered into: 
Calling All Sista’s- Color Challenge (show logo)                         (callingallsistahs.blogspot.com)
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #334-335 Anything Goes    (wordartwednesday.blogspot.com)
The Cutie Pie Challenge- #123 Add a Butterfly                           (cutiepiechallenge.blogspot.com)                
Artistic Inspirations Challenge-Challenge #200                         (artisticinspirationschallenges.blogspot.com.au)

10 comments:

  1. I am so pleased you like our monthly challenge. Sorry to hear the news of you Sistahs. I am sure your card will be so appreciated and great you got to use your die. You got the perfect paper for this challenge and what a stunning design. I love you used vellum for the butterfly. Thanks for joining us at Calling All Sistahs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. More great cards! Thanks for playing along at SumMore Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, I love the veil you added to the image. Great inspiration, I am definitely going to do this for a wedding card. Thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are amazing! I love so much about them: your color combinations/paper choices, that veil, your sentiments. Great job! Thanks for joining in on the fun over at SumMore Fun for our mood board! ~DT Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card as always! Love the tiny flag in the center! Thanks again for playing along with us over at SumMore Fun Stamp Challenge!

    Theresa (SumMore Fun DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. All wonderful cards with great papers, I love the veil. Thanks for joining us at CHNC Patterned Paper Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry that your sistahs are going through these health battles. Your beautiful butterfly card is sure to encourage whichever you decide to send it too. I love the vellum butterfly you printed. Thanks for sharing info on how to find it and thank you for playing along with the Calling All Sistahs challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely patriotic card, I like the dark colors, they give such a vintage look. Thank you for joining Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous cards..... Thanks For joining us at Di’s Digi Challenge:)
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow really gorgeous cards! Thanks so much for joining us at the Di's digi designs challenge.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!