Wednesday, May 8, 2024

myasperations 5-8-24

     I am honored to have served as a Guest Designer for Beccy Muir at Beccy’s Place and am now one of her “Contributors” (which means that she provides me with digis or clear stamp sets several times a year and I get to create cards or other items with them!) It is always fun to see the images Beccy invites me to use and this time my two cards feature images and sentiments from Beccy’s new digi set,  “Pond Pals”. 
    I've always appreciated how Beccy creates personality to her characters, even down to naming each of them!  My first card features the adorable seal named Sylvie.  I used the set’s precolored digi, mainly because I knew I couldn’t color this cutie nearly as well as Beccy did!
    A bit of fussy-cutting was all that was required before I adhered Sylvie onto a scenic background (trimmed from an upcycled calendar page), and used a white and grey gel pen to sketch in some "waves" around the bottom to anchor her into the water. After adding sentiments from the set, I added a touch of cuteness to them… mainly because Sylvie is the queen of cuteness… by using a pencil to lightly sketch little hearts into the openings in a few letters. After placement and size looked right, I colored the hearts with alcohol markers and framed in the scene with black photo corners.  
    I’m entering this card into several challenges including Park Hopping-My Happy Place where the challenge is anything inspired by a theme park. (This is a favorite challenge… as it has introduced me to many new places to add to my bucket list! I used the “inspiration” listing that sponsor Makira provides, and found a theme park that features seals, Sea World! I spent some time on the website learning a lot about seals including that they are classified as “Pennipeds,” and are related to critters like Walruses and Elephant Whales that can weigh up to 3000 pounds- more than a car!! The site even includes audio recordings of all types of creatures. Did you know that seal pups bark? So cute!) 
Supplies: 

·   Digi and Sentiments- Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Pond Pals)

·   Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white and grey gel pens.

·   Pioneer black Photo corners- available from several sources

·   Upcycled calendar page and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  

Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge (Anything Goes)
Outlawz ChallengeMay 2024 Linky
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #647-648
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (May)    Sea World- Pennipeds

     The second card features a playful Otter named Obie. This time I colored the little guy, and I think he turned out fine. I knew fussy-cutting around those wonderful whiskers would be tediously impossible, so I framed him within a circle. This time, the top part of the card is a hazy photo of trees (from a trip my DH and I took to the Black Hills in South Dakota many years ago), while a strip of blue wave-patterned paper fills the lower part.
    After positioning Obie onto the wavy background, I didn’t like that the white circle stood out so starkly. So I used a pencil to lightly sketch the waves to look like they continued across the white circle. When satisfied, I lightly colored them in with alcohol markers and, as with Sylvie, anchored Obie into the water with a few gel pen ripples. I added black photo corners and was Ta-Done!   
     I’m entering this card into several challenges including Path Of Positivity: The Power of Words-Art/Creativity (I am pretty creative in using materials I have on hand, and upcycling. This card demonstrates that, plus the sentiment sends a positive message!) 
Supplies: 

·   Digi and Sentiments- Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Pond Pals)

·   Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white and grey gel pens.

·   Pioneer black Photo corners- available from several sources

·   Personal photo and other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #645-646
Crafty Catz Challenge- Anything Goes #671 (Optional twist- Summer  
Path Of Positivity Challenge- Challenge #121  (Anything Goes Positive)  
Paper Funday- #65 Anything Goes   
 
      My final card this post also features a digi from Beccy’s Place, but this is one of Beccy’s many freebies!  Although it’s name is, appropriately, “Gnarled Wreath”, the addition of little flowers, satin ribbon, and bow give it a lovely almost vintage look.  Since I love adding lots of details on my cards, I used my trusty white gel pen to add veins in the leaves, sheen to the ribbon, and touched the center of the flowers with a dot of Buttercup Liquid Pearls.
   An added note- Beccy is a wonderfully generous person, which you'll see if you check the link in my supplies list where you will find a line image, a pre-colored image AND a gnarled wreath with no flowers or ribbon. And you can nab one, two or three of the set easily and at no cost. Sweet! 
  

Supplies: 

·   Wreath Digi- Beccy's Place Digital Stamp (Gnarled Wreath

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Liquid Pearls-Buttercup

·   Front and Inside Sentiments- Polka Dot Orchard (Younger Than Tomorrow)

·   Patterned paper, vellum, and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Simon Says Wednesday ChallengeFeminine
We Love Stamping-Vintage
Outlawz Sunday Challenge- All the Worlds Alive Again   
The Four Seasons Challenge- Anything Spring (May 2024)  
Double D’s Challenge- Pretty Florals for Mom  
Passion for Markers Challenge- Week #738: Birthdays
Beccy’s Place Challenge- May   
        Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun!
Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge- Flower Power   
        Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun!
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Spring Flowers)

15 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards. Love how you used Beccy's images. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely display and your wreath for We Love Stamping is just beautiful, many thanks for sharing with us.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun is this guy! He would make anyone smile! So happy you shared with us at Path of Positivity! Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous and sweet card!
    Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards. Thank you for joining the Outlawz Sunday Songs and Rhymes and Outlawz Monday Greetings. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A trio of fabulous cards Kathy - love your treatment of the seal and otter, and how you have continued the waves to anchor them. Very clever work.. The wreath card is exquisite!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy, your cards are always fun and fabulous! Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at The Inspiration Station Challenge and we hope you'll share again soon.
    Donna xx
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sylvie the seal is just adorable and yep, so much character! Your card is really delightful! Thanks for playing with us at the Outlawz Monday Greetings Challenge! Nan DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm stopping back by to say Thanks for sharing your adorable Otter card with us at The Paper Funday Challenge!
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY ... more awesome cards! That wreath card is amazing and beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D & Four Seasons challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Kathy! You've turned a simple image into a masterpiece. I love your card! So elegant and earthy. I love the inside sentiment. Thanks for sharing this with us at Passion for Markers!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. An awesome wreath Kathy. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us over at We Love Stamping.
    Hugs
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty floral card Kathy and lovely colouring

    Thanks so much for joining us on the Passion for markers challenge…. 💗

    Love and crafty hugs from

    Wendy (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your wreath card is beautiful Kathy. The image is coloured perfectly and I love your colour combo. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love theses cards Kathy and thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz with them

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!