Thursday, May 23, 2024

myasperations 5-23-24

    I am honored to have served as a Guest Designer for Beccy Muir at Beccy’s Place and am now one of her “Contributors” (which means that she provides me with digis or clear stamp sets several times a year and I get to create cards or other items with them!) It is always fun to see the images Beccy invites me to use and this time my two cards feature silhouette images and sentiments from Beccy’s new digi set “Rainy Days.”  I gave the cards a “Spring” feeling, by using a pretty freebie rainbow that I’ve had in my collection for several years.
   The silhouette on the first card features a cloudy sky background, a few sparkly rhinestone raindrops and photo corners in four rainbow colors. I love the sentiment on the inside and have a feeling I’ll be using it often. I embellished it with a few scraps trimmed from the rainbow on the card front, plus a sunshine sticker and a spray of rhinestone raindrops to compliment the bright and colorful card.

Supplies: 
·   Silhouette digi and insides sentiment-“Shine Bright Birthday Girl” from Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Rainy Days)

·   Rainbow freebies (in two sizes, half and quarter circle) from cornishkat.blogspot.com

·   Photo corners available from several web sources (WXJ13 Photo Mounting Corners)

·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Colorful Options Monthly Challenge: May-Royal Blue  (optional rainbow)      
Paper Funday- #65 Anything Goes    

    The second card features a silhouette of a sweet couple in pre-smooch mode!! (I love that the young lady has one leg lifted. That cute pose is a perfect fit for the sentiment.) A weathered wood window, a scrap of acetate and strips of foam tape help to add some texture and depth to the card. And heart stickers add some bling.
      I’m entering this card into several challenges including Outlawz- The Winner Takes It All by ABBA (my card fits the line in the song “I was in your arms Thinking I belonged...”)


Supplies: 

·   Silhouette digi and sentiment-“Love is in the air” from  Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Rainy Days)

·   Rainbow freebies (in two sizes, half and quarter circle) from cornishkat.blogspot.com

·   Gecko Gals-Collage Sheet Winter Windows ATC Set 2 on FB Dec 2021 Challenge (Here)

·   Sparkly Heart Stickers-Stickos

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Outlawz ChallengeMay 2024 Linky
Path Of Positivity Challenge- Challenge #121  (Anything Goes Positive) 

I made this final card for a favorite challenge, named Snippets, which encourages me to use some of the mounds of scraps that I just can’t seem to discard. The herringbone background, made with strips of scraps, goes together pretty quickly, is one of my favorite ways to showcase a sentiment digi. Two heart-shaped rhinestones provide a bit of sparkle and complement the pink and grey color scheme.  
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Eureka Digital Stamp (Loving Ways) Currently not available

·   Herringbone background- made with Paper Scraps (instructions HERE)

·   Silver photo corners available from several web sources (WXJ13 Photo Mounting Corners)

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Snippets- Week #480  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #649-650
Double D’s Challenge- Polka Dots  

 

7 comments:

  1. A trio of gorgeous cards, Kathy - love the couple outside the window... they must be outside to need the umbrella up.... that is a wonderful digi set!
    The Christmas card is beautiful also - simple is so often the best, as your card is eyecatching, and also speaks of the true meaning of Christmas
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for entering the third card to the Snippets Playground. Great herringbone background which is a super way to use up snippet strips and showcases the sentiment perfectly. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards. Thanks for sharing over at Crafty Catz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love silhouette images, they always make classy card designs and yours is no exception. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge and best of luck in the draw!
    Donna xx
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards as always, Kathy. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us at Word Art Wednesday. It's always a much appreciated treat. Have a blessed week and please stop by again soon, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fascinating how you worked with the silhouettes! Especially with the rainbow. Thank you so much for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Kathy! Love the herringbone pattern for using up snippets and the pink and grey combo is always a favourite of mine. Love all the other cards in your post too! You've been busy!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!