Friday, April 30, 2021

myasperations 4-30-21

It’s Friday and time for the Colour Crazy Challenge. This challenge is an “Anything Goes” but it adds a requirement; the creation needs to include coloring in “any colouring medium you like, onto any project you like, and in any colours you like.” I’ve never outgrown my love for coloring… which is why making cards is stress therapy for me!! 
This week's sponsor is Imagine That Digital Stamps, and I’m sharing a birthday card that features a fun digi image and sentiment from a set named Rocky’s Stonemobile. I didn’t have any prehistoric-themed paper but hope that this photo I took of storm clouds a few years ago looks a bit like volcano smoke (especially after I stamped trees to cover the telephone poles that were visible in the photo!) The shouts of color were added with washi tape, which also helped create a birthday banner inside.
Supplies: 
·   Digi image and inside sentiment- Imagine That Digital Stamps set (Rocky’s Stonemobile)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Cloud photo, washi tape, and all other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
The Paper Shelter- #467 A Birthday Card
Cute Card ThursdayChallenge #684 Party
Polkadoodles Challenge-Week #18 Anything Goes                       
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday   
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge

When cleaning my garage a few weeks ago I found instructions to make a Hidden Message Accordion Card, and one of the cards put together but not stamped and completed. I taught classes at a rubber stamp store I co-owned with a friend back in the ’90s in South Dakota and this was a popular class. The card is actually pretty easy to make and has a great WOW factor. Two solid wood-mount stamps. a few juicy ink pads, and rose “masks” stamped on post-its and fussy-cut, assisted me in layering the beautiful roses onto the cards' many surfaces. I stamped additional leaves and roses on scrap paper to cover a few “oopses” in my stamping, then added a few computer-generated sentiments and a butterfly sticker finish the card.
(A photo shows how I save masks for future use by rubberbanding them to the wood stamps.) I also know that I have little “instructions for find the hidden messages” tags that I used to add to these cards when I sent them. So… I’ll either find a copy or make new ones to use before I mail this. I took a photo of the instructions to be able to share them with you. They really are easy to make. Try it!  (One caution- I sometimes have a hard time remembering which fold will hold the hidden message. For that reason, I seldom stamp the sentiment right onto this card. Instead, to save the frustration of oopsies, I attach them when the card is finished so I can make sure I have everything correct!) 
I'm entering this card into several challenges, including The Butterfly Challenge (it features one of the colors- moss green and one of the themes-butterfly.) 
 
Supplies: 

·   Rose and leaf wood mount stamps- Posh Impressions (company is no longer in business)

·   Colored with ink pads from my stash

·   Sentiments- Computer Generated

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #489-490 Anything Goes                   
The Sisterhood of Crafters- How Does Your Garden Grow?
Createful Heart Designs- Challenge #31 (April)

10 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy this is a gorgeous card. I love it. Have a good weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun card designs and fold.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the folded card with the nice roses. It's very surprising!
    Lia DT SoC

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a new card shape for me so must give it a try. Thankyou for including the instructions on how to make. Your finished card is lovely Thankyou for coming and joining in the butterfly challenge again. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this so much fabulous image and great design thank you for joining our challenge at THE PAPER SHELTER
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW what a fabulous fancy fold creation! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful cards! Thanks for playing along with the Polkadoodles Digi Choosday Crafting Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, lovely creative design. Many thanks for your entry at Polkadoodles Challenge Look forward to see you enter our next challenge. aNNie DT Member
    https://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com/{My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both are lovely but really love the image on the first one
    Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi-Choosday Challenge Blog

    Claire DT Mrs H's Crafty Corner

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful card!
    Thanks for linking up at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge - Week 18.
    Ana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!