Friday, February 12, 2021

Party Balloon Dragon

It’s Friday and time for the Colour Crazy Challenge. This challenge is an “Anything Goes” but it adds a requirement; the creation needs to include coloring in “any colouring medium you like, onto any project you like, and in any colours you like.” I’ve never outgrown my love for coloring… which is why making cards is stress therapy for me!! 
This week's sponsor is Lee Holland and I selected a sweet digi named Party Balloon Dragon.  I colored the little party goer with alcohol markers and a white gel pen. The billowy clouds were created with a stencil, makeup sponge, and chalks. The sentiment circle is from my scrapbook stash (which doesn’t appear to dwindle no matter how often I dig into it. So funny!)
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Lee Holland digi (Party Balloon Dragon)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   All Night Media Cloud stencil (no longer available)
·   Decorative Chalks, makeup sponge, sentiment circle, and papers from my stash.
Entered into:  
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Make a Slimline Card
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #477-478 Anything Goes                   
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- February             
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge- Anything Goes
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge

I found a card I made over 20 years ago that served as the inspiration for this CAS card. (I usually have more of a CAC style, cluttered and complicated, so don't make many CAS cards. But I hope this qualifies?) I made a simple gatefold base for the card, then used two squares of paper and a heart template from my scrapbook stash to create the main focal point, a layered heart. After adhering it onto a rectangle of black cardstock, I followed the process highlighted by arrows in the photo below to add the ribbon. First, I punched two holes just inside of the heart shape and threaded a thin strip of sheer ribbon down into punched hole “A.” Next, I wrapped the ribbon to the right across the back of the black rectangle, pulled it up through punched hole “B” and then wrapped it to the left across the back of the rectangle. At the left side of the layered heart, I pulled the ribbon up and tied it into a bow. TaDa! A few layered sentiments and puffy hearts finished the card, which took less than 15 minutes to make. 

 
Supplies: 
·   Sentiments- We Are 3 Sentiment Set (Valentines)
·   Puffy Heart Stickers- Sticko’s from WalMart (113 assorted puffy hearts for just 99 cents!)
·   Heart template, papers, and sheer ribbon from my stash.
Entered into:  
Outlawz Challenge- Saturday Paper Ala Mode- Anything Goes              
Outlawz Challenge- Twisted Thursday Anything Goes (Optional Twist- Hearts)
Incy Wincy Designs- Sports and/or Mainly Red
TIME OUT Challenge- #181 Photo Inspiration              
 
Double D’s Challenge- Valentine Love                            
Cute Card Thursday- Challenge #673 CAS
Di’s Digi Stamps- 1 or More Hearts                                                 
CCC Digi Creations- #122 Valentines Day/Love

My last card this posting features a funny digi and sentiment from Bugaboo. I made it for my boss whose husband is an EMT/Fireman. She has a “40 something” birthday coming up and I know that she will love it! I upcycled a birthday party invitation (from a pack that I found at Goodwill for $1 a few years ago) to the front of the card to add some splashes of color behind Stella, the birthday girl. The colors I used for the digi complement the background. So fun!
Supplies: 
·   Digi and inside sentiment- Bugaboo Stamps (Stella Birthday Fireman Call)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Upcycled birthday party invitations and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday  
Outlawz Challenge- Crash Your Stash- Anything Goes
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends- #151 Anything Goes
Bugaboo Stamps- Anything Goes 
Lemon Shortbread Challenge- Anything Goes #139  

8 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy this is a stunning card. I love that dragon he is so cute. I find colouring helps too. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Kathy, what an adorable dragon design.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, love the cute image. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of these cards as amazing and I am so glad that you found the time to enter our challenge at Double D. I love the CAS design with a heart.
    Barbara DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your valentine for Time Out. Wonderful design and take on our inspiration. Thanks for playing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet Valentine's card Kathy! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Valentine LOVE’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards. Thank you for sharing at Incy Wincy Designs Challenge.
    Merja DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome cards! Love your sweet valentine!


    Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!