Monday, February 26, 2018

Feminine Touches

Once again, I used a digi image from Beccy's Place, a Peacock feather, from the "Feathers" digi set  for a challenge in the wecraftcard crop that required we use feathers in an unusual way.  One thing that I love about digis is that I can enlarge or reduce the image, in this case I did both. Fussy-cut just the eyes of the feathers and adhered them to a diecut swirl to make a flower. Mounted it onto a scrap of a greeting card that had blingy swirls to create a whimsical card! The sentiment is a freebie from createwithtlc.blogspot.com 
Entered into: 
Beccy’s Place Challenge- February                                                            (beccysplace.blogspot.com)
We Craft Cards Monday Challenge- CROP: Feather Imagination     (wecraftcards.com/forum)
Doing Life- Create with TLC Challenge                                                   (desiref.blogspot.co.za)

I used a Bugaboo digi named "Best Wishes Dandelions" and sponged ink on the scene to reflect the colors on the current challenge's mood board. Made the dandelion fluff with dots of Liquid Pearls and a shake of Polar White Flower Soft mixed with micro-fine glitter.  (I provided a close up to show you how pretty the fluff looks. You can't really see it very well, but they sparkle nicely.) Because I wanted to send a card to encourage an amazing friend who is going through a rough time I covered the Best Wishes sentiment with one from Beccy's Place "True Beauty" digi set. Am also entering the card into the Butterfly Challenge that requires using things/things that start with the letter P. This card includes Pink (large butterfly) and Patterned paper (the lavender background) and the Power Poppy Challenge that requires sparkle.
made using various brushes
Entered into:
Bugaboo Stamps- Color Challenge                                   (catchthebugblog.blogspot.com)
Simon Says Monday Challenge- In My Garden  (simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge)
Butterfly Challenge- #95 Letter P                          (butterflyspotchallenge.blogspot.co.uk)
Power Poppy- Love to Sparkle                                (powerpoppy.blogspot.com/2018/02/february-power-spark-love-to-sparkle.html)
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge      (craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.com)

The current Simon Says Wednesday Challenge is "Create your own background." I decided to use an old technique of repeat stamping an image to fill in the background of a card. For my card I used unmounted teapot border stamp and sentiment. I think they are from SU but am not sure. Wanted to add a feminine feel to the card so added some sheer ribbon and embossed the sentiment in gold. Decided the card needed a bit more elegance so trimmed a scrap of wine colored paper with Victorian decorative scissors, bounced the cut edges onto an embossing pad, pulled them through gold embossing powder and finished with a heat gun. (I provided a close-up so that you can see the pretty gold edging. This simple technique provides an extra special detail.) The final touch was to punch two hearts out of the wine colored paper so that the background paper could peek through.
 Entered into: teacup card background
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Make Your Own Background   (simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge)
Artistic Inspirations Challenge-Challenge #194                                   (artisticinspirationschallenges.blogspot.com.au)

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, I love what you have done with the dandelions it looks great.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, I hope you have a great day x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Kathy I saw that you had entered your previous card twice so will just discount the number allocated to it the second time. If I delete it will force all the following numbers out and might confuse people to see the number all changing. Thankyou for entering this second card which I adore btw. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your feather card is wonderful Kathy, what a great way to use the digi! The die cut swirl is beautiful and the perfect colour to coordinate with the peacock feathers. That teal colour is particularly vibrant and really catches your eye.
    I really love the second card you created, the colours you sponged into the background are so pretty. To me, it looks like an early morning sunrise... probably because the colours are so soft and a little cooler. I love the fluff you added to the dandelions, the little bit of sparkle is wonderful and makes me think of dew.
    The teapot card is wonderful Kathy, I know a few ladies who would LOVE this one! They take their tea very seriously. The big bow is a wonderful addition and I like the gold embossing. Great job!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy this is wonderfully crafted and fits in perfect for our 17th ‘ATG with CREATE WITH TLC’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck and hope to see you play with us again.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}
    PS: Love what you did with the flowers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, love the glitter on your bugaboo image as well as the way you colored it. Thanks for joining the Catch the Bug Color Challenge, Lisa Lynn DT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of your cards are beautiful! Each design is so pretty and the background on the second card is awesome! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely!
    Thanks so much for playin' along with our Bugaboo Stamps/Catch The Bug Blog Challenge! We hope you'll join us again this week for our new Anything Goes challenge!! :)
    Hugs & Happy Days!
    Min - Bugaboo Stamps DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your SSMchallenge. Once I got here I found the feathers which I love as well

    Diana
    https://playingwithoutlimits.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!