Sunday, December 10, 2017

More Craft Room Fun

For my final entry into the Simon Says Monday Challenge "Icy Inspiration."  I used a wonderful image from freedeariedollsdigistamps.blogspot.com and an old SU stamp.
Entered into: 
Simon Says Monday Challenge- Icy Inspiration       (simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge)
CAS-ual Fridays- Winter Blues                                    (CAS-ualfridays.blogspot.com)
Christmas Cards All Year Round- Anything Goes    (christmascardsallyearround.blogspot.co.uk)
                               
The current Power Poppy Challenge is entitled 12 Days of Christmas. The project for Day 9is a "Christmas Cracker and Place card." I combined the challenge with one from Bugaboo called "Naked Stamping" (or stamping an image with no coloring. However, we CAN used colored ink.) Instead of stamping, I used digi images from the Bugaboo "Three Snowmen",  printing them off in shades of blue and purple onto a sheet of opalescent stationary paper. (You can't tell from the photo, but it has a nice brushed sheen to it.) The Place Card is made with a scrap of vellum. I stamped a ring of snowflakes (not sure of the company) and embossed with white pearl embossing powder. The Snowman digi was printed in black ink on white opalescent paper and cut with a circle die. (PS I found the cracker instructions on Pinterest.)  
Entered into:
Power Poppy- 12 Days of Christmas    (powerpoppy.blogspot.com/2017/12/power-spark-with-twelve-days-of.html)
Bugaboo Stamps- Naked Stamping     (catchthebugblog.blogspot.com)
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge- #363 Anything Goes  (craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk)
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge2- Extra for Dec             (craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.com)

Yesterday I posted a set of Nativity finger puppet that I made for the current Power Poppy Challenge Day 4, "Christmas Organizer." Figured that little Olle's older sister, Lucy would also like a set of finger puppets to play with during church when her daddy is preaching! Lucy is four, so thought she would like this elegant version of the organizer. I used a digi set from Beccy's Place named "The Nativity" to print off the wonderfully detailed images.
                 
Entered into: BP Nativity- PowerPoppy Organizer
Beccy’s Place Challenge- December                                    (beccysplace.blogspot.com)
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Gift It                         (simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge)

For this card, I upcycled a coffee cup tag that was on a gift from a friend. She had even added the lipstick print on the rim! I mounted it on the front of an A2 card, with the background paper upcycled from an old Christmas card. Added a few die cut (Snowflake and swirls for steam) plus a fun (and free) sentiment from decossesdynamitedoodles.blogspot. This will be my third entry in the week-long 2017 Winter Coffee Lovers Blog Hop.
Entered into: 
2017 Winter Coffee Lovers Blog Hop                         (coffeelovingcardmakers.com)
Artistic Inspirations Challenge-Challenge #191      (artisticinspirationschallenges.blogspot.com.au)
Cute Card Thursday- #507 Anything Goes               (cutecardthursday.blogspot.com) 

                               

15 comments:

  1. What a fun card! love the image you chose and colors are fabulous! Thank you for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday CHallenge Blog! barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun projects, I especially love your last card. So awesome that it has a lipstick print on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful projects. All areas so well designed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great projects. I like the background of the coffee card. great dies too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great projects. Love the lipstick on the coffee cup.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the glitter snowflake. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the up cycled bit with the lipstick! Lol...so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun, I too love the lipstick sign on the last one, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous snowman card and a great design too. Thank you for sharing with us at Christmas Cards All Year Round.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That snowman looks so happy Kathy, I think he's enjoying all the attention. I really like the way you've layered the two circles together, it makes me think of a snow globe, particularly with the snowflake paper in the background.
    Your cracker and place card are fabulous, I like the "naked stamping" look. The image of the little snowman is adorable. It was a great idea to print the digis in blue, and I like that you added a matching ribbon to keep everything monochrome.
    I love the finger puppet idea Kathy, that's so clever! I'm sure Lucy is going to love her organiser and I can just imagine both children playing along with the Christmas story.
    The coffee card is fabulous, I love the lipstick stain on the rim... too funny! The sentiment is a perfect match for how I feel most days. Great job!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful projects Kathy!
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing projects, Kathy!
    Love your naked stamping creation. Thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug!
    xxx Margreet (GDT)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute all around, the candy wrapper is darling with the snowmen. I do think the lipstick on the cup is super clever!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!