I made this card to enter into Inkie
Pinkies current “Water” themed challenge. My card features a digital image from
a Beccy’s Place digi set, and two wood-mounted rubber stamp from Stampscapes. After
positioning and printing the digi onto a square of white cardstock, I stamped
the lakeside scene with a black ink pad and used a grey ink pad to stamp the
waves across the lower part of the scene. Then, I sponged layers of yellow,
orange, and rusty red across the entire scene to create a sunset in the sky and bright reflections on the water. Next, I used a white gel pen and white colored
pencil to add highlights on the waves , rocks and the two fishermen. Lastly, I
used an oval template from my scrapbook to cut the fishing scene from the white
cardstock, then a larger template to create a black frame. Sentiments finish
off the card.
Supplies:
·
Silhouette and inside
sentiment from a Beccy’s Place digi set (Going Fishin’) (Beccy
closed her digi shop last year but still sells clear stamp sets online.
Check HERE
to see which sets are available!)
·
Colored with Memento Black, grey
and other colored ink pads, sponges, white colored pencil, and white gel pen.
· Front Sentiment- a freebie from TlcCreations
(Wishing You
Little Moments of Delight)
·
Sookwang double-sided tape- Available from several sources on the web.
· Oval template from my scrapbook stash, other misc. items and tools from my stash.
Entered into:
Pammies Inky
Pinky Challenge #2626 Theme- Water
Double
D’s Challenge-
Potpourri My card features
bright colors!
My last post included a card for the “inspired by” photo at Time Out, and I wanted to make another card using the same fun sentiment. This card is a bit different as it has a pair of flip-flops that are small (to accommodate a smaller slimline card), the straps are made with
paper scraps (vs ribbon) , and a little gem butterfly provides a bit of bling!
As
noted in yesterday’s post, I found fun sentiment when web surfing a few
years ago and have used it several times
since then! All the other items used on
the card are from my stash.

Supplies:
· Background Scene-
Upcycled from an old calendar page
· Template used to make the
smaller size Flip-Flops on the card inspired by templates on Pinterest,
especially the ones found HERE and HERE
· Sentiment (divided in half) “If Dorothy can click her heels
together… ” found on someecards.com HERE
· Sookwang double-sided tape- available from several sources on the web.
· Tropical pattern
paper, small butterfly gem sticker, other misc. items and tools from my
stash.
Entered into:
Pick 3 Challenge-
#6
June/July 2026 (
beach, sentiment and sparkle-little butterfly gem)
I’m entering this card into several challenges, including the Colorful
Options Monthly Challenge (rainbow option) and the STAMPlorations NeverEnding
Challenge.
I printed the entire
digi, plus cropped the butterfly from the left end of the row, and printed
three copies of it. After coloring the three butterflies, I fussy-cut and
adhered them atop the butterfly line. Since the digi is long, I opted for a slimline
card which will fit into a basic
#10 business envelope. (An added note- I like using these envelopes because you
can find them anywhere they sell office supplies, and they are much cheaper
than buying “slim line envelopes” or an expensive slimline envelope die!) The inside sentiment is one I created a few years ago… and I provided a JPG that you could copy for
your own use if desired!
· Butterfly Digi- Stamplorations
digi stamp (Butterfly Row)
· Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura
Gelly Roll white gel pen
·
Front Sentiment-“Thinking of You” from Victorine Originals (Company no
longer in business)
· Inside Sentiment- “May Your Day Be Blessed!”
(Computer Generated using Edwardian Script ITC Font, available to download from
several free online sites, and Calibri) I provided a copy of the jpg
sentiment I developed using these fonts. Just click on the sentiment, then
right-click and save it to your laptop, etc.!
· Sookwang
double-sided tape- Available from several sources on the web.
· All other misc.
items and tools from my stash.
Entered into:
My
final card for this post was made for the Passion for
Markers Challenge, with a Transport theme. One of my great-nieces is getting married this fall, and I plan to
give her a gift bag of handmade cards at her shower next month. I’m working on
holiday cards right now, starting with Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas…
as those will be the first ones they will share as newlyweds!
When looking for transport digis and stamps, I
found this sweet truck from Little Scraps of Heaven and decided to load it with
pumpkins for Halloween. After printing, coloring, and fussy-cutting the digi, I turned it into a flatbed truck by using strips of kraft paper to make planks and adding “wood grain” texture with a white gel pen. NOW.... it was ready to hold a load of pumpkins, which I cut from a scrap of fall-patterned paper and adhered to the flatbed and
planks. After adding a small piece of acetate to serve as "glass" in the truck window, I used fine-line markers to turn one pumpkin into a
Jack-o'-lantern and put him in the driver's seat! When the truck was finished, I adhered it to a square of vellum (to help it not be overwhelmed by the busy background I'd created with a Halloween
napkin that I picked up at the Dollar Tree a few years ago. After the vellum was adhered, a few leaves, fussy-cut from fall-patterned paper, added a final touch of fall to the fun card!
Supplies:
·
Background scene is upcycled from an old calendar
· Truck digi is from Little Scraps of Heaven (Sadly, the
LSOH shop closed late last year!)
· Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
· Sentiment from a
Beccy’s Place digi set (True
Beauty) (Beccy
closed her digi shop last year but still sells clear stamp sets online.
Check HERE
to see which sets are available!)
·
Sookwang double-sided tape- Available from several sources on the web.
·
All other misc. items and tools from my stash.
Entered into:
Awww....these butteflies are precious! Love the inky background you placed them on. TY for playing with us at the Colorful Options Challenge. Have a great week! ❤️🤍💙🌈🎨Cheers, Makira
ReplyDeleteWow what fab collection of cards and a few fits our transport/travel theme over at Passion for markers
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful and serene scene you have created...and that sentiment LOL The best! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Potpourri Challenge! Donna, DT Member.
ReplyDeleteHi Kathy - what a wonderful selection of cards you've made. Love the little Halloween scene with the super cute flat-bed and your colours are fab! Thanks for joining in with us this week at Passion for Markers, Sarah - DT.
ReplyDeleteSarah, I smiled when I saw your comment because you used the word that I couldn't remember when I was writing this blog post. I noted "truck bed" even though it didn't sound right. So... thanks for providing me with the correct name for it... a "flat bed"! I'm going to make that change now!!
DeleteOoops. I also noticed that I didn't add the line about the markers I used in my supplies list. Since I appreciate that your challenge requires that images must be handcolored, I made sure to include that in my revised post.
DeleteHi Kathy! I just entered this (butterfly) card into the challenge at Word Art Wednesday for you as requested. I didn't have any trouble whatsoever using the Linky tool. However, I had another player (Fabiola in France) who also couldn't get the Linky tool to work. It's working fine for me now. I hope you're able to link up with no problems next time. Sorry that happened, and thank you for still sharing your beautiful art with us at Word Art Wednesday. May God bless your week, my dear friend.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much. My laptop is old... and actually is starting to cause problems too often. My hubby got me a Mac a few years ago and I find it very hard to switch over. But... will be doing that in the near future. So... hopefully things will improve. :)
DeleteKathy, I absolutely love all your cards! I’m so glad you were able to get the link to work to post this at Word art Wednesday. Or I guess Karen got the link to work! Your flip-flop card made me laugh out loud. So true! I also really love the butterfly card so very much. All of the elements and details make it so very special. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Word Art Wednesday. We have a new challenge starting today and would love to have you join us again!
ReplyDeleteWonderful silhouette images and I like all the extra details. Also, love those Flip-Flops, I live in Flip-Flops, they're the official footwear of Florida! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday and Pick 3 Challenges. We look forward to more of your shares.
ReplyDeleteDonna xx
The Paper Funday Challenge
The Pick 3 Challenge
The Inspiration Station Challenge
The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Such a lovely card. Loving the sunset. Thanks so much for playing along with The Paper Funday Challenge.
ReplyDeleteWOW - love your fishing card, Kathy - particularly the inside sentiment! The 'scene' that you created is amazing!
ReplyDeleteLove your thongs on the 'Dorothy' card - beautiful and bright!
Your butterfly card is exquisite - love that line of butterflies, and you have used it beautifully
Lots of interest and work on the halloween card
Blessings
Maxine
Beautifully done. Love that sunset. Thank you for joining the Polkadoodles challenge . Good luck with your entry.
ReplyDeleteCrafty Hugs, Renske Polkadoodles desgin team.