Saturday, July 4, 2026

myasperations 7-4-26

     This is my final entry into the ABC Christmas Challenge- L & M are for… ? (My card reflects the option 'L is for Let it Snow'). I’m working on a packet of cards that will be sent to a Great-niece who is getting married. A gift bag of handmade cards is my favorite shower gift to help the newlyweds start their lives together. They always appreciate receiving an assortment of cards that give them a special way to remember birthdays, holidays, and other events with the people they love! 
     For this card, I printed off a wonderful, pre-colored "Build a Snowman" free digi that I found on the web. With a bit of fussy cutting and adhering, plus computer-generated sentiments, I made a card that is sure to be loved by a little one in their lives (I know that my Great-niece is also one great auntie for several little ones) !
Supplies: 

·   Free Olaf digi can be found HERE

·   Sparkly Foam Snowflake and Snowman Stickers- Dollar Tree

·   Sentiments-Computer Generated

·   Sookwang double-sided tape- Available from several sources on the web.

·   Patterned paper,  other misc. items and tools from my stash.

Entered into:  
ABC Christmas Challenge- L & M are for… ?  'L is for Let it Snow'
Classic Design Challenge: Anything Goes #6-2026 June-July (Optional twist- BDay) 
Pattie's Creations Challenge- #244 AG (July 2026)
Pammies Inky Pinky Challenge #2626  Theme- Water   (Snow is frozen water!)

     I used festive holly patterned paper to create the word COFFEE on this slimline card.  The letters were hand-sketched to fit across the length of the card front, then cut from scraps of the holly paper. The letter “o” was replaced with a coffee cup from a Polka Dot Orchard digi, sized to fit into the space, traced onto a scrap of the holly paper, fussy-cut, then adhered in place. The inside sentiment is from a Polka Dot Orchard digi set that I like to use on Coffee-themed cards. 
  
 
Supplies: 

·   Coffee Cup Digi is from a Polka Dot Orchard digi set (Gnome Talkie Before Coffee)

·   COFFEE lettering hand-sketched.

·   Front Sentiment-“Merry Christmas” from Eureka Stamps (I am happy to announce that Eureka Stamps are again offered online. Check HERE to see which ones are available!)

·    Inside Sentiment from Polka Dot Orchard digi set (Merry Little Coffee)

·   Sookwang double-sided tape- available from several sources on the web.

·   Edge Stitched ribbon, Holly Patterned paper,  other misc. items and tools from my stash.

Entered into:  
Outlawz Christmas Only Challenge- July 2026
Outlawz Challenge Monthly Linky- July 2026

     I wanted to make a playful card for the current photo-inspired challenge at Time Out. The feet on a poolside lounge were the inspiration for my card. Several years ago, while surfing the web for summer-themed sentiments, I found the fun sentiment on the front of the card, and it really resonates with me. Living in the Midwest and Northern Plains of the USA my entire life, I have loved the dozen or so times that I have visited a beach. The vast size, majestic power of the waves slapping (or pounding) the beach, and salty scent always thrills my spirit!
    My card also includes an upcycled calendar page, a flip-flop (made with a template found on the web), a B&W flower (made with a flower punch), and other items from my stash.
·   Background Scene- Upcycled from an old calendar page
·   Template used to make Flip-Flops found HERE
·   Front Sentiment “If Dorothy can click her heels together… ” found on someecards.com HERE
·   Inside Sentiment- Computer Generated (to fit with front sentiment.)
·  Pioneer Black Photo corners- available from several sources
·   Sookwang double-sided tape- Available from several sources on the web.
·   Tropical pattern paper, black grosgrain ribbon, flower punch, other misc. items and tools from my stash.
Entered into:  
Time Out Challenge- #316 Photo Inspiration    
Paper Funday- July 2026 #89 AG  (Optional Twist: Summer Splash)
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- Weeks #758-759 (AG/Family Friendly)
Pick 3 Challenge- #6 June/July 2026  My card includes beach, sentiment and thin white frame 

8 comments:

  1. Great cards, love the Christmas slimline.
    Thanks for joining us for the Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Thanks for playing with us a at Pattie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these are absolutely adorable, Kathy! I think Olaf is definitely my favorite, That is such a sweet idea to give a package of cards to newlyweds. I’m sure that they will appreciate it, especially since they were made by you. Thanks so much for sharing your amazing talents with us at Word Art Wednesday. We always appreciate seeing what you’ve created!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such fun cards!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fun array of cards! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday and Pick 3 Challenges, and inspiring us with your lovely design.
    Donna xx
    The Paper Funday Challenge
    The Pick 3 Challenge
    The Inspiration Station Challenge
    The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love that thong! Thanks so much for playing along with The Paper Funday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another fun card for our photo inspiration. Love your flip flop card! Thanks foradding more wonderful creativity to the Time Out gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great trio of cards Kathy - love Olaf, and you coffee Christmas card is a cutie - well done on designing and cutting out the letters yourself! The thong card is a fun one - we call them 'Jandels' here...
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!