Friday, September 10, 2021

myasperations 9-10-21

It’s Friday and time for the Colour Crazy Challenge which is “Anything Goes” but adds a requirement; the creation needs to include coloring in “any colouring medium you like, onto any project you like, and in any colours you like.” I’ve never outgrown my love for coloring… which is why making cards is stress therapy for me!! 
This week's sponsor is Dr. Digi and my DT card features a festive image named Harley Claus. After coloring the Jolly Ol’ Elf with Spectrum Noir Classique Markers and a Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen, I provided Santa a change of scenes for the holidays by upcycling two very different calendar pages adhered to an easel fold card. Computer-generated sentiments finish off the fun. (This card will be sent my younger brother and his family in Florida this year. He grew up in the Midwest and has lived in Florida since the ‘90’s. Every time we have a blizzard here “up North” he calls to brag that he spent the day on the beach soaking up beautiful 70-degree temps. HoHoHo!)
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Christmas Craft Creations challenge- Non-traditional colors (mostly shades of blue plus yellow, orange and gold. So fun!))
 
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Dr. Digi Digital Stamp (Harley Claus)
·   Easel Card- Instructions found HERE  
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white & silver gel pens
·   Sentiments- Computer Generated
·   Sparkly Santa Hat Stickers- Hobby Lobby
·   Blue Snowflake Stickers- JoAnne’s
·   Cardstock, scrap of yellow plastic file folder, and upcycled calendars from my stash.
Entered into: 
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge- #558 AG
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday  
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week #36 Anything Goes                     
 
I had fun making a Flip-flop card for the challenge at wecraftcards Forum with a new digi set from Beccy's Place. (My hubby liked the card but asked, "What's a YAY Day !" I think it might be because his most recent birthday (the big 65), wasn't really one that he wanted to celebrate! Actually, that day he kinda had a look on his face that resembled the grimaces on my cards cow and pigs faces. Ha! (I noticed after looking at the photos that when I fussy-cut the cow and pig I trimmed off many of the chin and head whiskers that artist Beccy Muir had added to the images. I think they add fun realism to the critters, so plan to draw them on with a fine line black marker before I send the card on to a friend who grew up on a farm in the Midwest! I know they will make her LOL! )
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Double D’s Challenge- Anything with a Tail (Although the critters tails don’t show up on the card… they do both have tails… which are probably scraggly and mud-laden!)
Supplies: 
·   Digis and Sentiments- Beccy’s Place Digital Stamp set (Funny Farm)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Flip-fold/Swing Card- Instructions at Beccy’s Place HERE  
·   Cardstock, patterned paper and assorted tools from my stash.
Entered into:  
We Craft Cards Monday Challenge- Flip Flop
Beccy’s Place Challenge- Sept  
        Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun!
Double D’s Challenge- Anything with a Tail      
Di’s Digi Stamps- Use 2 (or more) Patterned papers 
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- September            

My final card, created for an Outlawz Challenge with a music theme, features a cute banjo playing frog! The first time I saw him I knew the sheet music that I had to place behind him on a card. “You are my sunshine” was one of my mom’s favorite songs. As a child I remember singing it on long car rides, along with ‘She’ll be coming around the Mountain”, “Little Brown Jug” and many other songs. I still can’t sing on key… but I do try. (Just ask my sweet hubby who has lovingly said that my singing resembles a tussle of cats in full howl. He is so very funny!)
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Incy Wincy Designs (the frog has lots of spots, and the musical score has stripes galore!)
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Eureka Digital Stamp (Frog on Banjo) Also available in unmounted or cling-mounted
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Small googly Eyes- Hobby Lobby
·   Sheet Music- “You Are My Sunshine” a freebie from Central Texas Accordion Association Tune Book 2010 (HERE)
·   Cardstock, scrap of green plastic file folder and an upcycled calendar page from my stash.
Entered into:  
Outlawz Challenge- Saturday Paper Ala Mode- Musical
2craftycrittercrazies challenge- Sept 2021                                     
        Since I’m a DT for QKR Stampede (sponsor), I’m entering just for fun!
Incy Wincy Designs- Spots, Stripes and/or Checks
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #507-508 Anything Goes                   
Cute Card Thursday- Challenge 692- Anything Goes (Optional Birthdays)

7 comments:

  1. Great cards Kathy. Love the second one with the farm set 😊
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulously fun cards! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards all of them.Santa is very cute. Thanks for sharing with us at Polkadoodles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous. Love your colour choices and great layout. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenge.
    Amelia (Double "D" Challenge Design Team)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG what a fun & fabulous card Kathy! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Anything with a Tail’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a creative Christmas card Kathy, I'm sure your brother is going to love it! It was a clever idea to add the two different images to the easel, I really like the contrast, and the Santa riding his motorbike is a hoot!
    Your flip flop card is awesome, you've done such a great job with the colouring. I really like the paper you used too, it suits the theme perfectly.
    "A tussle of cats in full howl"... love it!! Your hubby certainly has a talent for describing things in vivid detail. I think I'm going to borrow that quote for a member of my family who has always used the catch phrase: "if you can't sing well, sing loud!" Love the banjo playing frog, he's a cutie.
    Great cards Kathy, thanks for sharing!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful creations! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!